High Pitch or Growl exhaust sound gor 991?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 09:51 AM
dr bit will become famous soon enough
High Pitch or Growl exhaust sound gor 991?

I'm hesitating which brand should I get for the x pipe exhaust system for my 991 CS2 PDKwith PSE. After doing some research I found that the best brands that suits me better with their product are Cargraphic and FVD Brombacher science both make their x pipe central muffler w valves which adapts to the PSE control Button on console which was a priority for me. I read that the sound of Cargraphic is High Pitch while FVD gives much more growl. If this is true, which type of sound do you think would suit better a 991, science this is my first Porsche and I'm almost in my mid 40s, wanted to configure it with a classic but sporty look, it is Mahogany Metallic with Luxor beige all leather with deviated stitching in red. Thanks for your advices.

Old 07-17-2013, 11:56 AM
yxc145 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dr bit
I'm hesitating which brand should I get for the x pipe exhaust system for my 991 CS2 PDKwith PSE. After doing some research I found that the best brands that suits me better with their product are Cargraphic and FVD Brombacher science both make their x pipe central muffler w valves which adapts to the PSE control Button on console which was a priority for me. I read that the sound of Cargraphic is High Pitch while FVD gives much more growl. If this is true, which type of sound do you think would suit better a 991, science this is my first Porsche and I'm almost in my mid 40s, wanted to configure it with a classic but sporty look, it is Mahogany Metallic with Luxor beige all leather with deviated stitching in red. Thanks for your advices.
If you are looking for Cargraphic, there is a demo one on Ebay for $1800.

Old 07-17-2013, 01:44 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Have you heard our Tubi system for the 991 C2S?

It's a full system with side mufflers and center section, fully compatible with your PSE button inside the car. It's louder with a bit more growl, but not over the top or obnoxious.

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...bi-991s-ex.htm

Old 07-17-2013, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by yxc145
If you are looking for Cargraphic, there is a demo one on Ebay for $1800.
Yes, already saw it, but that model in particular doesn't work for my needs, it can't be controlled w PSE button, the one It might work is the x pipe, but thanks for the tip

Old 07-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
Have you heard our Tubi system for the 991 C2S?

It's a full system with side mufflers and center section, fully compatible with your PSE button inside the car. It's louder with a bit more growl, but not over the top or obnoxious.

http://www.championmotorsport.com/pr...bi-991s-ex.htm
I'd seen this video so many times, I be seen all of them, what I didn't know is that you can use the PSE button to control the valves with your system as well.
I guess I want louder, but videos really don't show the real thing.
Can you send me a quote for your system, actually I need 2 quotes, one just for center muffler and another one for full system please.

Cheers
H

Old 07-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Preference, but I like more deep growls than higher pitch.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:42 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by dr bit
I've heard both full exhaust system you mentioned.
As far as I recall, cargraphic gives more deeper growl and louder than FVD since the start of the car, idle, and when doing those pops/burble when you let go the gas pedal. The burbles are crystal clear from inside my car while driving about 60 meters apart, around 180km/h with all my windows closed. I believe FVD has higher pitch. Both brands produce German kind of exhaust growl and pitch instead of most Japanese exhaust sounds, if it make any sense.

I have no intention to change my pse, they are just nice to hear. But If I have to choose between those 2, I would go with FVD as I think cargraphic is too loud for my taste.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by pyramid
I've heard both full exhaust system you mentioned.
As far as I recall, cargraphic gives more deeper growl and louder than FVD since the start of the car, idle, and when doing those pops/burble when you let go the gas pedal. The burbles are crystal clear from inside my car while driving about 60 meters apart, around 180km/h with all my windows closed. I believe FVD has higher pitch. Both brands produce German kind of exhaust growl and pitch instead of most Japanese exhaust sounds, if it make any sense.

I have no intention to change my pse, they are just nice to hear. But If I have to choose between those 2, I would go with FVD as I think cargraphic is too loud for my taste.
Good to know, i thought fvd was louder.
Thanks
H

Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 PM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Why don't you consider the Sharkwerks side muffler delete pipes? Sounds really good to me and you keep your PSE intact.

Old 07-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by LPB987S
Why don't you consider the Sharkwerks side muffler delete pipes? Sounds really good to me and you keep your PSE intact.
You'll keep your PSE intact with the Brombacher and Cargraphics x-pipe, you just replace the vacuum line, both have valves as well. The sharkwerks exhaust will make the car overall louder with no control over it. Not a bad thing though.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
iPE Exhaust has a spectacular aura aboutiPE Exhaust has a spectacular aura aboutiPE Exhaust has a spectacular aura about