More sound out of exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by advantyper
Sounds pretty raw!, howz the drone in the cabin? I am guessing must be pretty annoying in the cabin for long drives?
No drone in the cabin, but it is def loud, but not deafening. I'm pretty sensitive to drone, and had to get rid off my Eisenmann Race on the M3 because of that. This set-up might be on the louder side for long trips, but I don't do them in this car anyway.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:31 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Cool, nice to know, I feel our FVD system are pretty damn good already

Old 07-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by advantyper
Cool, nice to know, I feel our FVD system are pretty damn good already
Totally agree, I just can't help myself.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:02 PM
studlee is on a distinguished road
your porsche sounds bad ***!

NOW this is the solution i'm looking for!!! thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
The cheapest way is to buy the sharkwerks side exhaust... under $1K, and it takes less than an hour to install, very easy.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:25 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speedwell
It's all expensive - too expensive for a leased vehicle. I wouldn't make any modification. My point with the sport exhaust is that it's the most economical since you would only be paying the lease term depreciation on that option. In the case of a 27 month lease with 72% residual, that would be $826 (spread equally over 27 months) and there would be no cost to you to "restore" the vehicle to original condition as there may be with the Fabspeed X pipe.
Incorrect. He already has the car, you can't add an option after the car is built.

Plus, the Sharkwerks exhaust isn't much more and is easily reversible... plus you can sell it when you are done to recoup costs.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:26 AM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
As anyone tried to disconnect the vacuum hoses to just open the gates in the exhaust permanently (until reversed)? This would seem like a good solution for what the OP is looking for and the cost is certainly right.

I took a look, the vacuum lines appear to be steel and I'm not sure if they can be disconnected easily. I did notice they drive two pieces that look like cylinders with essentially rocker arms that open close them. They are right in the center between the tail pipes. It may be possible to come up with something to hold the rocker arms in the open position.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:23 AM
I think you are onto something!

Originally Posted by ma991
As anyone tried to disconnect the vacuum hoses to just open the gates in the exhaust permanently (until reversed)? This would seem like a good solution for what the OP is looking for and the cost is certainly right.

I took a look, the vacuum lines appear to be steel and I'm not sure if they can be disconnected easily. I did notice they drive two pieces that look like cylinders with essentially rocker arms that open close them. They are right in the center between the tail pipes. It may be possible to come up with something to hold the rocker arms in the open position.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:26 AM

Why not just push the button? Seems a little easier.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:57 PM
ma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura aboutma991 has a spectacular aura about
Why not just push the button? Seems a little easier.
Which button? Do you mean PSE? If so, that's something totally different. Afaik, there's no button to control the position of the exhaust valves.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:59 PM
Which button? Do you mean PSE? If so, that's something totally different. Afaik, there's no button to control the position of the exhaust valves.
Wait, what? The PSE button controls the vacuum line and valves. Currently I run the FVD vacuum line that controls the valves in the x-pipe with the PSE button in the cabin.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:10 PM
I don't have pse, but there is a sport button...I think this is what ma991 is referring to. the sport button make the exhaust a little louder and some other performance enhancing mode which you can't notice.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by studlee
I don't have pse, but there is a sport button...I think this is what ma991 is referring to. the sport button make the exhaust a little louder and some other performance enhancing mode which you can't notice.
The sport button is different, it sharpens the throttle response, etc. it also pipes some sound through the speakers. If you have the sport exhaust you have a separate button in the center console that controls the valves via the vacuum line.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:43 PM
I thought the PSE button controlled the symposer.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:58 PM
I thought the PSE button controlled the symposer.
Nope, it controls the actual valves via the vacuum line.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:52 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Nope, it controls the actual valves via the vacuum line.
It actually controls both

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: More sound out of exhaust