More sound out of exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by kitw

It actually controls both
See, learned something.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:53 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
The sport button is different, it sharpens the throttle response, etc. it also pipes some sound through the speakers. If you have the sport exhaust you have a separate button in the center console that controls the valves via the vacuum line.
Sport does not use the speakers, it opens up the Symposer, which is a duct from the intake with a membrane.

By default, hitting Sport or Sport Plus activates the PSE button too, though.

Old 07-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough

Sport does not use the speakers, it opens up the Symposer, which is a duct from the intake with a membrane.

By default, hitting Sport or Sport Plus activates the PSE button too, though.
I thought only sport plus would activate the PSE as well? Makes no difference really, but I thought I drove around with the sport button on and the PSE off.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:10 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
I thought only sport plus would activate the PSE as well? Makes no difference really, but I thought I drove around with the sport button on and the PSE off.
Doh! you're right.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:23 PM
spudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the rough
does anyone know if a "gundo" hack is possible on the 991. Know many did it on the 997's where a small pipe (2") was welded between the inlet and outlet pipes creating a sound identical to the pse system. cost was $100 from a local exhaust shop/

Old 08-01-2013, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by spudz5
does anyone know if a "gundo" hack is possible on the 991. Know many did it on the 997's where a small pipe (2") was welded between the inlet and outlet pipes creating a sound identical to the pse system. cost was $100 from a local exhaust shop/

It certainly won't be identical. PSE is a different center section, not just bypassed side mufflers.

You would get some more sound out of it. It'd likely be similar but quieter than the Sharkwerks bypass pipes.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:57 PM
studlee is on a distinguished road
that's what that hack was called! i remember reading in the 997 forums but for the life of me i could not remember. this would be awesome if we could do this on the 991 exhuast system.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:00 PM
I was gonna pull the trigger on the sharkwerks side exhuast, but i'll wait a few days to see if there is a gundo hack for the 991.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
It certainly won't be identical. PSE is a different center section, not just bypassed side mufflers.

You would get some more sound out of it. It'd likely be similar but quieter than the Sharkwerks bypass pipes.

Exactly- its a completely different piece with less restrictions.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:17 PM
spudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the roughspudz5 is a jewel in the rough
anybody have a picture of a stock 991s exhaust? might give it a shot. Did the "gundo" hack on the 997 and was pleased with the results

Old 08-01-2013, 02:20 PM
anybody have a picture of a stock 991s exhaust? might give it a shot. Did the "gundo" hack on the 997 and was pleased with the results
the mufflers are similar - you could certainly do it.

No idea how it will sound.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:57 AM
check out this fabspeed video...at the end he mentions what i believe is the gundo hack.