H&R Springs installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Can someone advise what the gap measurement is on the C2S? I want to order 7mm and 14mm spacers from H&R but their website wants me to enter year, model, and gap before it'll give me the choices of sizes available. My car won't be here for a month so I can't measure it yet. Thanks.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
Can someone advise what the gap measurement is on the C2S? I want to order 7mm and 14mm spacers from H&R but their website wants me to enter year, model, and gap before it'll give me the choices of sizes available. My car won't be here for a month so I can't measure it yet. Thanks.

Go to this thread- you will see the standard options. I got my spacers from them but I have a C4S so I had to got with 7mm all the way around on Sport Techno Wheels (which are wider at 9 inches front and 11.5 rear).

They have done tons of 991 C2S's:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...teway-mod.html

Old 07-30-2013, 08:46 AM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Thanks, Vic. I got as far as entering my car on their website but for some reason they don't show the 991. I'll PM RSSMike and get a quote going.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:07 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ///armin
Actually I do have the factory 5mm spacers, maybe I should go higher?
Nope- IMHO it looks just right , classy rather than slammed, and you will avoid a lot of road rash. Please more on how you find the ride, the handling, and the general feel.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:12 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by empunker
So SPASM only swaps out the 'normal' PASM springs with a more aggressive set? No changes between the shocks?

This would make SPASM hard to justify if I plan to get aftermarket springs.
No- SPASM has lower and stiffer rate springs, and stiffer roll bars. And the right alignment. An absolute bargain at the price.