H&R Springs installed

Old 07-29-2013, 06:59 AM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
H&R Springs installed

Since I did not get SPASM I had been unhappy with the car's stance since taking delivery, the wheel gap was just too high for me so I decided to get springs installed and I haven't even passed 2K miles . I definitely wanted around an inch all around so H&R seemed to be a good choice since it offered 1.2" F and 1.0 R. I can say it's definitely very close to that after getting them installed. The ride is definitely more bumpy than before but overall I'm very happy with the results.

Now this is how the car should come from factory the wheels just fit the fenders perfectly IMO

Attached Images      

Last edited by ///armin; 07-29-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Looks good, now you just need some spacers to push the wheels out a bit...

Old 07-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That turned out amazing

Old 07-29-2013, 01:13 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Looks sharp! Totally agreed the 991 should of come from factory a tab lower. Getting my KW V3 install next week, going to drop it 1.5" all the way around, the ride going to more harsh for sure, but the sharper handling return will be worth it.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:15 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Looks awesome! And I agree, springs or coil-overs are a must.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:20 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
I love the look of a slammed car but since I tried it on my R8 and found the loss of ride quality to be too noticeable, I'm not willing to make that sacrifice. Looks awesome, though! And yes, spacers would also make a big difference. Happy modding!

Old 07-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Team Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the roughTeam Plutonium is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by SanibelSpeed
I love the look of a slammed car but since I tried it on my R8 and found the loss of ride quality to be too noticeable, I'm not willing to make that sacrifice. Looks awesome, though! And yes, spacers would also make a big difference. Happy modding!
I have the KW's and the ride quality is identical to stock.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:26 PM
Location: Split my time between Miami, Sanibel & Woodstock, VT
SanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant futureSanibelSpeed has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
I have the KW's and the ride quality is identical to stock.
Aren't they quite expensive? I seem to recall when I wanted to lower my R8 that the choices were H&R springs for around $400-$500 or coil overs for around $4,000.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Aren't they quite expensive? I seem to recall when I wanted to lower my R8 that the choices were H&R springs for around $400-$500 or coil overs for around $4,000.
The clubs-ports and KW-V3's are expensive, but I wanted to retain the OEM suspension control, so I went with the KW Height Adjustable Springs, and they are around $1,500.. which isn't too bad.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:18 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
I had KW V3 on several of my cars and the ride is pretty good, depending on how you set the rebound and compression, at 30% stiffness setting, it feels more cushion then stock actually. If you set it to 70% stiffness or higher, then the ride will be harsher.

Old 07-29-2013, 02:29 PM
///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough///armin is a jewel in the rough
Actually I do have the factory 5mm spacers, maybe I should go higher?

Old 07-29-2013, 04:35 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by ///armin
Since I did not get SPASM...

If you had gotten SPASM, would the car sit even lower after the H&R springs were installed?

Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ///armin
Actually I do have the factory 5mm spacers, maybe I should go higher?
You have room no doubt but if can post some fender top down pics that would show the gaps more and we could assess.

Originally Posted by empunker
If you had gotten SPASM, would the car sit even lower after the H&R springs were installed?

No, the SPASM is the spring height (shocks dont control height)- the car would sit the same as the OP since you would have the same springs.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:41 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Vic55
No, the SPASM is the spring height (shocks dont control height)- the car would sit the same as the OP since you would have the same springs.
So SPASM only swaps out the 'normal' PASM springs with a more aggressive set? No changes between the shocks?

This would make SPASM hard to justify if I plan to get aftermarket springs.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by empunker
So SPASM only swaps out the 'normal' PASM springs with a more aggressive set? No changes between the shocks?

This would make SPASM hard to justify if I plan to get aftermarket springs.

The pricing is about 700 dollars msrp and can be residualized if leased? I like the stance with SPASM and the car is optimally aligned and the dampeners are set for it... The H&R springs while good via Form might be too low for my personal taste and the optimal handling that the factory has set up with SPASM.

If you lower your car with H&R it will cost more than 700 including parts, install and align no doubt. It all depends on can you handle the SPASM height. Some can, some cant.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: H&R Springs installed