How would you respond?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 02:03 PM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 998M

Seperate vacation? nice

I got the question last year, "Why are all of our vacations at a race track?" Now I send her to a spa when I go to the track. It is working but costing a fortune.
I've been to spa with my wife. 24 hours race of spa francorchamps that is :-)

I'm lucky my wife has the same interests and taste as me!

Old 08-22-2013, 04:46 PM
handfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to beholdhandfull is a splendid one to behold
Throw her in the back seat and bush wack her. I believe it's kama sutra # 37 1/2.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:20 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rwh
My 2014 991 C2S was a the freeze point in it`s build on Friday. At gathering Sunday a family member asked if I was I buying a new Porsche. The wife was 10 -12 feet away I thought not paying attention when I said that the progress on the build was as stated above. I thought nothing of the conversation. My wife said nothing about it then.

Ok today is Tuesday (two days after the incident) two ours ago the my wife of 45 years walks into my den sits down ad asks me "Now just what will this new Porsche do that the Cayman out in the garage (`08 Cayman S), will not do?"

Well to stir some response from this group just what would you have said!
There have been some great answers and I may not be one to talk - my wife bought mine for me (or more correctly, said I should take on the debt) as a 25th wedding anniversary gift (that is why it is silver). She is smarter than I and this was a devastatingly cunning play on her part as now all of my future anniversary gifts are going to have to work extra hard to be even remotely worthy. That said:

1) there is the obvious, if flip - "188mph;"
2) there is the next obvious if also flip for us older types - "to get me to the hospital quicker;" You may want to say that at a jog!
3) there is the reason that I will not be buying my daughter's first car the way I bought mine, for a few hundred bucks and with tow truck - there have been a number of safety innovations in the last 6 years;
4) there is the pandering answer - "you should only be seen driving around with the best - me and a 991;"
5) there is the old standby - "when I see something I want that much I get it - It worked for wives, it works for cars;"
6) If all else fails, there is always - "but honey, the deposit is not refundable!"