Sticker/Price Shock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 11:06 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by armauro
My last 911 was a 07 GT3 in 07 and I had a 97 993 trbo and 06 997 s cab-all together at once- so no Porsches since 2008. I have had 18 Porsches since 1982.
I was contemplating getting a leftover 13 s cab with a 10% discount- all the options plus manual like my 06.
Well quite frankly I have buyer remorse in that these prices have climbed beyond reality for me- for a toy! Plus they can now depreciate even more as all cars are going to zero ultimately. With this deal and after sales tax my car will be worth 25K less in a year.
Yet as I read threads here no one seems fazed- I am part of the 1% but with the current admin in DC it is and will become harder to hold onto capital and build it.
Just my thoughts not trying to ruin any persons day.
In 2008 ( former administration was in office) homes were worth less (much of the nation sat in foreclosure ), stocks less (Dow broke 7K led by Bear Sterns, Lehman, AIG , GM etc.. ) , even a few Porsche dearleships either declared bankrupcy or closed entirely .The ones who didn't struggled .My then 1 year old 07 Turbo depreciation outperformed both the stock market and the housing market . Sad !!!

Back then there were many discussions about shopping for these cars which shared one theme -- every cent counts !! There was a real consciousness about personal spending .

Maybe people simply forgot .

Old 09-01-2013, 06:28 AM
armauro is infamous around these parts
Well I got two proposals from my dealer who wants to sell me his leftover 13-which I like the color and options-15K off list.
36 month lease- 3k down- 5k per year miles- 1700 month including taxes.
My reaction- too rich for my blood- $20K per year for a toy or $60K over 3 years. I could pay for it but it kills me to take that much $$ from money market.
I do think people have forgot about 2008 and 2009. It has been a long ride to earn back the paper losses on investment portfolios. Preservation of capital was so important- this is from a guy who has had 18 of these cars and while I enjoyed them they did not markedly change my life.
As interest rate become more normalized these cars will become even more expensive as will housing.
Just my two cents....it is about values and priorities. I have 6 cars now and would rather put 20K year towards my grandkids education fund.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:59 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Haku
Making sense of the financials is always subjective and ultimately it's up to the individual to determine good or bad or money down the drain. For me spending money on a hobby (which the Porsche is) is an investment in myself and a huge motivator to be creative, productive, and useful.
Very well put!

Old 09-01-2013, 09:48 PM
ColoradoCayenne is infamous around these parts
Well I got two proposals from my dealer who wants to sell me his leftover 13-which I like the color and options-15K off list.
My reaction- too rich for my blood- $20K per year for a toy or $60K over 3 years. I could pay for it but it kills me to take that much $$ from money market.
I do think people have forgot about 2008 and 2009. It has been a long ride to earn back the paper losses on investment portfolios. Preservation of capital was so important- this is from a guy who has had 18 of these cars and while I enjoyed them they did not markedly change my life.
As interest rate become more normalized these cars will become even more expensive as will housing.
Just my two cents....it is about values and priorities. I have 6 cars now and would rather put 20K year towards my grandkids education fund.
I think you know your answer. Keep your money working and wait another year and pick up a used one. Let someone else take the largest depreciation hit.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:42 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
my dealer who wants to sell me his leftover 13-which I like the color and options-15K off list.
Markup on a 991S is aprox 11 percent . Depending on the sticker this sounds good if you love the car, are buying it outright, and plan to keep it long term . The low mi short term lease sounds awful .

Old 09-02-2013, 06:14 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Good for you.