Micro-sim card is stuck :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:36 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Small amounts work just fine.. We are talking about applying a thin film of whatever bonding agent we are talking about... And that's why I recommended trying it externally first. I just didn't want him slathering rubber cement in an attempt which doesn't have enough holding force.

But I would agree, I don't get the sense that the OP is probably up for much of this kind of stuff, I'm guessing if he was he'd probably not be asking us.. so I would revise my recommendation that if he can't simply get tweezers or some kind of mechanical advantage solution to get a grip on it he is probably best go in and have them remove the face of the console...

Probably same him time, money and buggering it all up..

Originally Posted by billco
I would NOT use Gorilla glue. That stuff works great for bonding but expands dramatically during the drying process. You may end up with an absolute mess. I'm not sure if Super Glue will bond after it's dry, but it sounds like others believe it will.
Before doing anything like what is being suggested here, I would find out what it would cost to replace the housing around the sim-card space, in case you bugger it up with glue. Weigh that against letting the dealer take care of it for you. Just a thought. Good luck and keep us posted. This is the most exciting that has happened on the forum in weeks

Last edited by scatkins; 09-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:38 AM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Take it in and have the face removed..

Originally Posted by Richard911
Really need to use a bore scope to look into the slot and see if it is reachable. I would recommend no glues of any kind. We used to build this stuff and glue could coat contacts and worse migrate can bind controls.

Last edited by scatkins; 09-10-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:02 PM
xintar is on a distinguished road
I can see that most of you are favoring the console removal by dealer. my only concern is fitting back the console will it be as good as factory fitting :S

I guess i have to take the risk then

Old 09-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Yeah I don't blame you for worrying. But it for sure will look better than if you scratch it all up in the process of trying to remove (and then don't get it out anyway)...

Or you could just leave it and forget about it.. Might be your lowest risk option..

Originally Posted by xintar
I can see that most of you are favoring the console removal by dealer. my only concern is fitting back the console will it be as good as factory fitting :S

I guess i have to take the risk then

Old 09-10-2013, 12:32 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Do NOT use any type of glue.
Find a VERY thin piece of plastic or even metal.
A swiss army knife blade may also suffice.
Wrap it once or twice with a very sticky tape (sticky side up).
Gently insert it into the opening (pointing the tip upwards), and once inside lift the end up (so that the inserted piece pushes down and onto your micro sim).
It should pick up the sim and if thin enough, allow for both pieces to come out.

NO SUPER GLUE!!!
Be careful no to push the sim card even further into the slot.

Alternatively, create a "squarish" hook using a paperclip and slide it around your sim.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Capt. 911 is an unknown quantity at this point
I did the same mistake and I fixed it.

I know this post is old but I did the same mistake and I'm sure someone else will do the same at some point any way I managed to fix the problem, at first I did all the above except for the vacuum with will make more damage, them I remembered I have watch tools, you know the ones they used to replace a watch battery and I got the sim card out, I guess you need very tiny rolls to do the trick, just watch out for the little contacts inside the sim slot.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:33 AM
Kava is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Same mistake, too small of a SIM card for the slot

after reading the posts and not being thrilled about the glue option or removal of console, I played with strong, very thin double stick tape. Attached it to a very thin but sturdy piece of metal and inserted into the card slot. After a couple of tries from the top of the card pressing down and from the bottom pressing upward, the SIM card moved...just not out. Next I took a long piece of jewelry wire that is thin enough to fit but not flexible with a bit of a tiny curve at the end. It fit into the slot, past the SIM card, hooked behind one of the corners of the SIM card and I gently was able to move it out to where I could grab it.

Old 04-12-2023, 06:36 PM
JCsunshine is an unknown quantity at this point
Easy fix for Porsche 992

[QUOTE=xintar;3929333]Hi gorgeous
just use a strong magnet attach to a thin metal plate

I did the stupidest mistake ! i tried using a mobile sim in a new C4S and I used the micro one instead of the regular sized one, it went all the way in!! i cant get it out. Went to dealer, they wanted to remove the whole dashboard (Screen & AC console ). On a 600km car, hell NO!

I tried acting like a surgeon, so i used forceps, double faced sticker, but the space is too tight (goodwill plz) nothing seems to be working.

any suggestions ? Vacuum maybe ?! or just live with it until the beast is older?
I don’t know why, when insert into the slot you can fell there is strong magnetic pull and the micro card just pop out. But after the card is outside the slot, it is no longer pull by the magnets. I don’t know why it works. But the beauty of it is it works!