Switching C2S to GT3 Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
Switching C2S to GT3 Advice Needed

I pre-traded my M3 early last month in favor of a C2S. The Orlando dealership was great to deal with, but I'm pretty sure they left out one major detail. They don't actually have an allocation to have my car built anytime soon. I'm not too concerned about that as the wait is part of the fun. I do think it's a bit odd that I ordered the car first week in September, we are halfway through October, and I still don't have any idea when my car will be built. At this point I'm guessing a January/February '14 build with a March/April delivery.

All this waiting causes me to wake up in the middle of the night dreaming GT3 dreams. I keep seeing posts saying, "we are all going to get our GT3 allocations filled." Being a first-time Porsche owner do I have any chance of getting one in a reasonable amount of time, say late '14 or early '15? I know there is a waiting list at my dealership, but is there a difference between someone putting money down and ordering vs. throwing their name in a hat?

Your input in much appreciated.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:10 AM
dyim will become famous soon enough
If you cannot get a C2S quick, you will have to wait forever for a GT3.

I think you are the only person that I know of who likes to wait.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Assuming the GT3 fits your 911 driving requirements once it's in your mind there's no other way than to go for it.

Being a first time Porschie makes no difference at all in terms of when you get the car, it's more about your dealer and their allocations and relationship with you. If they are reputable they will honor the list I.e. First come first serve. IMO once you place an order you are technically on the list and the amount of money you put down at the time of order of course depends on the dealer and you.

Most dealers (smaller ones) are getting 2 cars till the end of 2014.

Hope the above helps.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:39 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
GT3 if you can handle the cost and the performance.
Wait it out, find a temp car for the mean time.
You will be glad you did.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:59 AM
tanman will become famous soon enough
For the GT3, most dealers are getting 2-4 allocated builds a year, almost all are spoken for. Getting on a list now, you will likely wait till 2016 to get a car. I will probably get my GT3 in 2015, and consider the GT3 RS the following year. If Porsche decides to offer the RS in manual, there will be a few GT3 on the secondary market.

I would say get your C2S and work your way up to a GT3 since this will be your first Porsche. Get some track time with the C2S, and you will get more out of the GT3 when the time comes.

Old 10-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tanman
For the GT3, most dealers are getting 2-4 allocated builds a year, almost all are spoken for. Getting on a list now, you will likely wait till 2016 to get a car. I will probably get my GT3 in 2015, and consider the GT3 RS the following year. If Porsche decides to offer the RS in manual, there will be a few GT3 on the secondary market.

I would say get your C2S and work your way up to a GT3 since this will be your first Porsche. Get some track time with the C2S, and you will get more out of the GT3 when the time comes.
That's what I thought the wait would be like. My dealer said they had 8 people on the list. So playing the odds that two of those eight drop off and 2 allocations a year, it's not looking good for me. I guess I could start shopping the country, but I think your advice is solid to work my way up.

Old 10-13-2013, 12:20 PM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
It's odd to me that the dealer cannot tell you what quarter your GT3 would be built in. If they don't know then I suspect they don't have any allocations available. My dealer has been very specific, from day 1, about when mine will be built (Q1 14). I know a few others who have allocations (owners) and they also have a specific timeframe that it will be built.

In terms of the C2S, that's even more odd. They should be able to tell you very quickly what cars they have in what stages of order within a few days...

Old 10-13-2013, 01:32 PM
tanman will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Tpup
It's odd to me that the dealer cannot tell you what quarter your GT3 would be built in. If they don't know then I suspect they don't have any allocations available. My dealer has been very specific, from day 1, about when mine will be built (Q1 14). I know a few others who have allocations (owners) and they also have a specific timeframe that it will be built.

In terms of the C2S, that's even more odd. They should be able to tell you very quickly what cars they have in what stages of order within a few days...
Generally, when you secure a build slot you know exactly when the order will be placed.