Full Leather -- Black interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 10:13 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
There is something to subtle and understatement.. Not everyone in the world feels the continuous needs to scream for attention to say look at me, look at me..

I tend to agree with you on the subject of black.. I love black but I find the 991 interior in black a little too dark. In fact if there is anything I'm not super excited about on a current 991 interior color selections. None really get me excited. Just my subjective opinions.. but the luxor looks too orange in direct sunlight.. the Red looks like a pimp owns it, the brown is too coco ... I can't imagine having a blue interior and the grey is silvery.. In reality I don't think any of these are terrible.. but I just wanted a kind of a neutral tan color like the sand color I see I think on 997s or maybe it was boxsters.. I liked the umber but you can't get that on 991's..

I just find the selection a bit lacking... In the end I went with the agate grey interior.. gave a bit of brown side to the black..

Pillers are Alcatara not plastic but I'm not fond of alcatara either.. must be a European thing.. Leather I think would be much nicer..

Originally Posted by speedsterr
IMO any nice car like porsche,ferrari,lambo, etc shouldn't have a black interior. It makes it look plain and defeats the purpose of the car. The point of these cars is to draw attention not be understated. If you had a hot wife would you have her go out with you in public looking like a homeless person so she would be understated?

Attention comes with the territory, so in my opinion colors like beige or brown or even red, look way more exotic than basic black. Black looks like a kia. I love the full leather beige interior in these cars. Well worth 5k. I can understand though if you have to have black it probably isn't worth the extra 5k.

Though I have noticed even with full leather the inside a pillars are still hard plastic which is stupid. Should be leather or alcantara.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:17 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
If you haven't looked at it make sure you do before you select. I thought I wanted the platinum grey, but after seeing it it was way too light for my tastes..

Looked more like silver to me.. I'm not sure it would show the dirt as bad as the luxor does. That's the worst, every car I test drove in luxor looked like a rental car returned from a camping trip.

Originally Posted by amdave
Appreciate the replies.

Thinking I will just do two-tone full leather black/platinum grey. There is some included deviated stitching so I think it would put this issue in my head to rest pretty well.

Any ideas how dark the platinum grey leather is?? Two light would suck cause of the risk of getting dirty etc.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:18 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by handfull
Huh?! A 991 boxster.......please post a picture.
How about a Boxster Carrera GT ?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	boxstercarreragt.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	294881  
Old 10-30-2013, 01:46 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bccars
So I must be wrong. Gotta check that this evening !
Testament to how much I am looking at my interior
Checked last night. Standard car does have some alu trim on the doorhandle and doorunlocker (don't know the proper english words, but I hope everyone knows what I mean). The "door trim" that everyone is talking about is probably the horizontal strip, that is NOT in alu on the standard interior !

What color is concerned, I prefer black interiors, they make me feel cozy, safe and cocooned !

Old 10-30-2013, 03:25 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Suzy991
A Porsche is not for drawing attention. Porsches are for driving... Ferraris are for show.

You have clearly no idea where you're talking about, since the A-pilars on the 991 are always covered in Alcantara on the coupe and covered in leather on the cab, with a full leather interior.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Agreed with Suzy... A sentiment I have posted in other threads...

J

Old 10-30-2013, 03:26 AM
jasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud ofjasonrhcastle has much to be proud of
New to Porsche spare me I lump all the new cars as 991 body style in my head. You know what I mean don't be a smart ***. The boxster doesn't have leather or alcantara on the a pillars even with a full leather interior.
Yet again, proof of what I have posted in previous threads...

J

Old 10-30-2013, 03:28 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by amdave
Appreciate the replies. Thinking I will just do two-tone full leather black/platinum grey. There is some included deviated stitching so I think it would put this issue in my head to rest pretty well. Any ideas how dark the platinum grey leather is?? Two light would suck cause of the risk of getting dirty etc.
I have this combination and grey is not light at all. Moreover, it does not appear to look worn or dirty. I've had the car since 6/12 and have 26k on it. I recommend this combo or the black/beige combo

Old 10-30-2013, 06:11 AM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
IMO any nice car like porsche,ferrari,lambo, etc shouldn't have a black interior. It makes it look plain and defeats the purpose of the car. The point of these cars is to draw attention not be understated. If you had a hot wife would you have her go out with you in public looking like a homeless person so she would be understated?

Attention comes with the territory, so in my opinion colors like beige or brown or even red, look way more exotic than basic black. Black looks like a kia. I love the full leather beige interior in these cars. Well worth 5k. I can understand though if you have to have black it probably isn't worth the extra 5k.

Though I have noticed even with full leather the inside a pillars are still hard plastic which is stupid. Should be leather or alcantara.
You don't think there are people who buy these cars for driving and their own enjoyment instead of getting the maximum amount of attention possible?

If you are getting yours for the attention, the color of the interior isn't relevant, at all. Do you honestly think a 991 with a beige interior would get more attention than one with a black interior, both having the same exterior??

Also, is the point of having a hot wife to get as much attention as possible when going out in public?..

Old 10-30-2013, 07:30 AM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Here is a photo of the black/plat. I would select this combo if I had choose again. It fits with the Agate Grey exterior

With respect to having a hot wife, in my 27 years of marriage, the admiration of others is not significant.

Name:	black grey.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	294919  

Last edited by rnl; 10-30-2013 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:59 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
The point of these cars is to draw attention not be understated. If you had a hot wife would you have her go out with you in public looking like a homeless person so she would be understated?
Come on man, why do you assume my wife is not hot???
And I care less about how she dresses when we go out than what she looks like in the privacy of our home.
Enough macho talk I love a car that looks great, both outside and inside and staring at it in my garage brings me more pleasure than showing off on the street. Still, how the car drives matters the most. Wife analogy again?

Old 10-30-2013, 08:31 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sm_atl
still, how the car drives matters the most.
+++++++++++1

Old 10-30-2013, 09:20 AM
pyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud ofpyramid has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by scatkins
I tend to agree with you on the subject of black.. I love black but I find the 991 interior in black a little too dark. In fact if there is anything I'm not super excited about on a current 991 interior color selections. None really get me excited. Just my subjective opinions.. but the luxor looks too orange in direct sunlight.. the Red looks like a pimp owns it, the brown is too coco ... I can't imagine having a blue interior and the grey is silvery.. In reality I don't think any of these are terrible.. but I just wanted a kind of a neutral tan color like the sand color I see I think on 997s or maybe it was boxsters.. I liked the umber but you can't get that on 991's..
This kind of blue combination is nice

Name:	IMG_00003536.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	294934   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00003537.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	229.7 KB
ID:	294935   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_00003529.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	294936  
Old 10-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Well.. ok.... not exactly my choices as I'm sort of a minimalist at heart.. but everyone has their own design esthetic...

Honestly there is almost no 911 combination I'd say I couldn't live with (well maybe a couple )..

Originally Posted by pyramid
This kind of blue combination is nice

Old 10-30-2013, 05:36 PM
I bet it is to your wife

Originally Posted by rnl
Here is a photo of the black/plat. I would select this combo if I had choose again. It fits with the Agate Grey exterior

With respect to having a hot wife, in my 27 years of marriage, the admiration of others is not significant.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't know about not light at all.. I suppose that is subjective, but I'd urge anyone considering to make sure they see it first (that sounds obvious but more than one has told me they bought based on the sample)..

It just didn't look like grey to me and maybe that is what threw me, looked more like a silver..and I was looking for a slightly light black...

As my ex used to say, I only got the crayola box as a kid with 8 colors.. so my palette and expectations are narrow..

Originally Posted by rnl
I have this combination and grey is not light at all. Moreover, it does not appear to look worn or dirty. I've had the car since 6/12 and have 26k on it. I recommend this combo or the black/beige combo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Full Leather -- Black interior