I did something really stupid today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
I did something really stupid today.

Today was the deadline for any adjustments to my C2S order. I've been pretty set on my order since I place it on September 1st. This weekend I began justifying reasons why I needed the X51 package (most completely ridiculous). So today, I called the dealer and ponied up the extra $13,000 for it. Feel free to make fun and attack my character, but I think I'm going to be happy with my decision when the car shows up.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:11 PM
Dilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to allDilligaf is a name known to all
At the end of the day, you need to be happy, I am sure you will love it when you get your new C2S, congrats..

Old 11-19-2013, 08:14 PM
dyim will become famous soon enough
It is your $, you are entitled to do whatever you want with it. As long as you are satisfied, that's all that matters.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:16 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
You did great!! Just not sure you will need the Burmester when you will go after the 30hp of your X51 package high in the rpm's
This being said with the extra cost of the X51 your C2S might get close to the GT3 territory... Time for another (not-) stupid move?

PS: I like your current DD a lot too and have had a ton of fun myself with a 2011 B8 S4 (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Gray-Project)

Old 11-19-2013, 08:20 PM
CarreraS737 will become famous soon enoughCarreraS737 will become famous soon enough
BRILLIANT!!!

I am always glad to have company in the X51, and
7 speed manual zone.

Congratulations! I sure don't have any regrets on either choice.

I would say..., Smart Decision.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:21 PM
certified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of lightcertified_prime is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats. Now you need to update your signature with the X51 option as well.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:39 PM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
You did great!! Just not sure you will need the Burmester when you will go after the 30hp of your X51 package high in the rpm's
This being said with the extra cost of the X51 your C2S might get close to the GT3 territory... Time for another (not-) stupid move?

PS: I like your current DD a lot too and have had a ton of fun myself with a 2011 B8 S4 (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-Gray-Project)
I hear you on the Burmester. I was seriously thinking of dropping it, but I really like the idea of it. I haven't had a decent audio system in a car in about ten years. I really dislike the B&O in my S4. If you told the 20 year old version of me that I had money in the bank and I'd be rolling around with factory stereos, I would have thought that was crazy. I also don't want to start tearing the 991 apart to go aftermarket.

I also love the look, extra HP, technology of the GT3. That being said, when I really ask myself about it, I realize it's just not the right car for me. I'm way too soft and not a good enough driver to appreciate it. Also, I'm a nobody in the Porsche world, so I'd be lucky ever get an allocation. I'm too impatient to wait.

I really think the C2S with the extra power bump and creature comforts like Burmester are really going to suit me.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:40 PM
BlackSpeed will become famous soon enoughBlackSpeed will become famous soon enough
I don't think it was stupid, besides it's not really $13k since you were getting the sport exhaust and sport chrono already. I'm not sure of the net savings on the chrono with 7sp, but I'm guessing you're in the $9k range net/net for the x51. Not too bad considering the Porsche tax.

I over spec'd my car too, I blew $5k on the Sport Design with ducktail and another $3k+ on black Sport Technos, oh well, I wanted it I believe in getting what you want, especially when you're already dropping a bunch of $

I considered the x51, but I was already at $126k.

Don't feel bad, your car will be awesome and one of a kind, I think you did well!!

Last edited by BlackSpeed; 11-19-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by BlackSpeed
I don't think it was stupid, besides it's not really $13k since you were getting the sport exhaust and sport chrono already. I'm not sure of the net savings on the chrono with 7sp, but I'm guessing you're in the $9k range net/net for the x51. Not too bad considering the Porsche tax.

I over spec'd my car too, I blew $5k on the Sport Design with ducktail and another $3k+ on black Sport Technos, oh well, I wanted it I believe in getting what you want, especially when you're already dropping a bunch of $

I considered the x51, but I was already at $126k.

Don't feel bad, your car will be awesome and one of a kind, I think you did well!!
I was at $121k MSRP. X51 is $17,800 less PSE and Sport Chrono, and you're at $13,000. I had a number in my head that was about $120,000 that I was having a hard time getting over. I got 6% off sticker and the net is $128k, so I'm close to my number. I keep telling myself getting Platinum Satin wheels with PASM Sport combined with X51 will reduce the eventual, more expensive modifications that never pan out to be as nice a factory upgrades.

Last edited by Money2536; 11-19-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 PM
991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light991TurboS is a glorious beacon of light
I would order the X51 if I were speccing out a 911. I think you will be glad you did. Spend your money how you want. I don't regret buying a TTS one bit.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:03 PM
BlackSpeed will become famous soon enoughBlackSpeed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Money2536
X51 is $17,800 less PSE and Sport Chrono, and you're at $13,000. I got 6% off sticker so that basically saves me the tax. I keep telling myself getting Platinum Satin wheels with PASM Sport combined with X51 will reduce the eventual, more expensive modifications that never pan out to be as nice a factory upgrades.
Oh $h!t, my bad, damn that's a lot. Now I know why I didn't get it, haha
I still think it's a great option, good for you for having the stones and wallet to match.
Kudos!

Old 11-19-2013, 09:22 PM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
Glad you went and got what makes you happy.
Did you consider PDCC? IMO, with SPASM it is transformational. For me it was the best option I chose and at the time the most controversial.

Old 11-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Yonkers will become famous soon enough
When you get it you won't even remember the extra cost. You're more likely to regret something you didn't do than something you did. So enjoy it.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:11 PM
Alpacker01 is on a distinguished road
If x51 makes you feel good, wonderful. If you think you will actually have a different street driving experience with the extra power, think again. The other two pieces of x51, SC and PSE are great but, to some extent, like a good potato chip, Porsche buyers cannot resist them. SC looks good on the dash, adds dynamic engine mounts and Sports Plus ((with PDK). Most of the time (well all the time off the track) you will not notice any driving difference. As for PSE, it's pure auditory fun! Expensive and unnecessary, and, a better choice than the Burmeister. I'd also say that in most configurations, and certainly, one with x51 that it's almost imperative to have SPASM and PDCC. They both make a real difference. The car is lower and remains completely neutral cornering. Ultimately, a 911 purchase is not about the money for most of the plus 50 buyers (and believe me, Porsche well knows this) but the ride.

Old 11-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Haha... Do what makes you happy...congrats!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I did something really stupid today.