Low end torque - Please?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 06:05 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AG991
Ok,
Almost 2 years and I still love the car. I read the thread on the Power Kit and it may not be a rip off because it is what it says, but it does not seem to be a good value. I don't need more horsepower - I can't use what I have now. But low end torque, that I could use - and would pay for. Is there anything that will not kill the engine and what is left of my warrantee in the long run, and short run, respectively?

Akrapovic exhaust my friend!!

Old 01-23-2014, 06:48 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chance6
Akrapovic exhaust my friend!!
Sounded good, but most of the exhausts do - what does it really do for torque? I did not buy the PSE because the sound is not my thing - and you can hear the Mustang from several blocks away if I want that. Thanks for the direction though. I visited a few sites and it does sound great!

Old 01-23-2014, 06:53 PM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ChuckJ
I had a C6 Corvette with more low end torque than the car could handle and it was no where near as much fun as driving the 991. It was a lot less expensive, though.

ChuckJ
Chuck, I never owned one, but I drove a z06 and now I know why so many of them fish-tail off the line - there is a thing called too much torque and they found it. When you did it correctly, though, it was very exhilarating.

I was not looking for that, but just something to help with the first gear anemia.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:00 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Chuck, I never owned one, but I drove a z06 and now I know why so many of them fish-tail off the line - there is a thing called too much torque and they found it. When you did it correctly, though, it was very exhilarating.

I was not looking for that, but just something to help with the first gear anemia.

AG,

If your problem is apparent during first-gear starts at traffic lights, you may not need extra "low-end" torque. You must have mentioned this, but do you drive in Sport or Sport Plus mode? If I don't activate either mode on my car, the car feels somewhat underpowered and anemic. A quick switch into Sport mode livens up the throttle response and the car takes off much quicker.

What if you purchased a tune to boost the torque and give you better throttle response?

For reference, I have a 2005 Mustang GT. The car was great, but was slow off the line and felt somewhat "dead" when taking off from traffic lights. An intake and a tune turned the car into a torque monster (all from a simple throttle remap and some extra torque/hp).

All you may need is a simple tune/throttle remap to give you the extra "oomph" you desire.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
AG,

If your problem is apparent during first-gear starts at traffic lights, you may not need extra "low-end" torque. You must have mentioned this, but do you drive in Sport or Sport Plus mode? If I don't activate either mode on my car, the car feels somewhat underpowered and anemic. A quick switch into Sport mode livens up the throttle response and the car takes off much quicker.

What if you purchased a tune to boost the torque and give you better throttle response?

For reference, I have a 2005 Mustang GT. The car was great, but was slow off the line and felt somewhat "dead" when taking off from traffic lights. An intake and a tune turned the car into a torque monster (all from a simple throttle remap and some extra torque/hp).

All you may need is a simple tune/throttle remap to give you the extra "oomph" you desire.

You sir, have good taste in cars! Yes, first gear was slow and third was not great either! Mine is a 2006 GT with a cold air intake, tune, Shelby breaks, exhaust, suspension, stabilizers and a 4:10 gear. It is a monster up to 60, in a straight line, on dry pavement- faster than my Porsche S - certainly under 4 seconds. But I went too far in the Mustang and it has great thrills but it is not as drivable.

I will likely try a tune and I am certainly open to simple add-ons like the intake for the Porsche. And, I will start driving in sport more. I almost never drive is sport plus. Where I do most of my driving, I would never get out of first gear!.

Thanks for the advice.

As for the rest of you, thanks for: 1) some very creative, if expensive and extensive solutions and 2) (Suzy) depressing me that the EU is going to mandate 4 cylinders or less in a few years. More reason to keep my v8 mustang, or even trade it in for one with the new 5.0 engine!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mustang.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	3.66 MB
ID:	324473  
Old 01-24-2014, 04:12 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Still, any ideas are welcome. Thanks all.
Well, the 991 doesn't live up. The modded Stang is too much. Loose them both. And get a stock C7 Z06 instead. Might be the ****tail of features you are looking for ?!

Old 01-24-2014, 05:08 AM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
What about Sprint Booster? Would it create the perception of increased torque?

Old 01-24-2014, 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by bccars
Well, the 991 doesn't live up. The modded Stang is too much. Loose them both. And get a stock C7 Z06 instead. Might be the ****tail of features you are looking for ?!
I will say that they seem to have done a nice job on the new vette and it is good to see some thought going into American cars again. But, alas, I had a 1983 Chevy Cavalier and when it broke, and was apparently unfixable to the best minds from Detroit, and I was told essentially tough toe nails, I said I would never own another Chevy, not ever.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by Go123
What about Sprint Booster? Would it create the perception of increased torque?
First let me say Bravo. I just, for the first time, got to see a 911 in your color the other day. Stunning! Second, pardon my ignorance, but what is a sprint booster?

Old 01-24-2014, 06:21 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone install Sprint Booster on a 991?

Old 01-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Go123 has a spectacular aura aboutGo123 has a spectacular aura about
First let me say Bravo. I just, for the first time, got to see a 911 in your color the other day. Stunning! Second, pardon my ignorance, but what is a sprint booster?
Thanks! The color really comes to life in the sun.

Check out their website:

http://www.sprintboosterusa.com

Old 01-24-2014, 10:30 AM
lunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to beholdlunarx is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I hope the answer is NO.

People need help pressing the gas pedal?

Old 01-24-2014, 03:31 PM
galion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud ofgalion has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I have one on order for my C2S , I know its just a gimmick blah, blah, had one installed on my e60 M5 a few years ago (fantastic car with anemic torque down low), what a huge difference!, it really tricked my mind, throtle response was ultra sharp and fast, the car really jumped off the line, very fun!

Last edited by galion; 01-24-2014 at 03:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:59 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by galion
I have one on order for my C2S , I know its just a gimmick blah, blah, had one installed on my e60 M5 a few years ago (fantastic car with anemic torque down low), what a huge difference!, it really tricked my mind, throtle response was ultra sharp and fast, the car really jumped off the line, very fun!
Wonder how is throttle response would be different from Sport or Sport Plus. Also wonder, when unit is on, what the throttle would be like in Sport and Sport +. Pedal Box also sells something similar but with more options and is programmable.

Last edited by PorscheCrazy; 01-24-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:03 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
You sir, have good taste in cars! Yes, first gear was slow and third was not great either! Mine is a 2006 GT with a cold air intake, tune, Shelby breaks, exhaust, suspension, stabilizers and a 4:10 gear. It is a monster up to 60, in a straight line, on dry pavement- faster than my Porsche S - certainly under 4 seconds. But I went too far in the Mustang and it has great thrills but it is not as drivable.

I will likely try a tune and I am certainly open to simple add-ons like the intake for the Porsche. And, I will start driving in sport more. I almost never drive is sport plus. Where I do most of my driving, I would never get out of first gear!.

Thanks for the advice.

As for the rest of you, thanks for: 1) some very creative, if expensive and extensive solutions and 2) (Suzy) depressing me that the EU is going to mandate 4 cylinders or less in a few years. More reason to keep my v8 mustang, or even trade it in for one with the new 5.0 engine!

Right back atcha; she's a beauty. Love Windveil Blue. Here's my girl attached.

To get back on-topic: looks like a tune may be in order. I would seriously suggest trying one. Throttle response is going to be crisper and more immediate in all driving situations, which will remedy your need for low-end torque.

Keep us posted.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	53028_919863873295_4870356_o.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	325083  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Low end torque - Please?