What gas do you use?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 08:23 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
What gas do you use?

Just wondering what top tier gas you use for your P car. Started with Mobile, went to Exxon, now trying Shell. Was told that Shell had better cleaning agents in their gas. True?

Old 01-30-2014, 08:43 AM
jrubman is on a distinguished road
Not sure about other places, but I am pretty sure in NY Mobile/Exxon only has 91. I try to go with the guys with 93, so its (in order of preference) Shell, Sunoco, BP

Old 01-30-2014, 09:08 AM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Whoever has 93.

Old 01-30-2014, 09:08 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
Agree with 93 or 94 Octane if available. It's what the cars were designed for (93 that is).

Old 01-30-2014, 09:09 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
1. Chevron
2. Shell
3. 76 ( only racing fuel)

Unfortunately in California, 91 is the highest standard octane. I've mixed 76 racing fuel with 91 though few times and experienced performance difference but not significant.

Chevron is the best with best engine performance and mileage so far!

Old 01-30-2014, 09:26 AM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Only 93 (available everywhere in the SouthEast) and I have never checked but would not be surprised if most of the brands are selling gas coming out of the very same pipeline... and if the gas is properly refined, I am not sure that additives added at the end of the distribution process really make a big difference.

Last edited by SM_ATL; 01-30-2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 09:33 AM
robbieracer will become famous soon enough
Primarily Shell, Chevron on rare occasion.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:16 AM
Ulukai is on a distinguished road
Here in Sweden you can choose from 95, 98 and 100(V-power from Shell).
I always choose the highest octane when available. It is better for the engine. When I had bmw 530i I tested 95 one time - big mistake. The engine started to make noises and it didn't run smooth at all. Changed back and all was good again.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:19 AM
MikeDi is on a distinguished road
Shell.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:02 AM
RichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of lightRichardC is a glorious beacon of light
Where I am in Vancouver, I believe Chevron 94 is the only gas that doesn't have ethanol added, so that is all I use with my current cars and what I plan to use when my 911-50 arrives.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:24 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
It's correct that in BC only gas without Ethanol added is Chevron's 94 Octane. I use in my 996 TT and 991S. As far as I can find it's the only gas over 91 Octane here.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:14 PM
ronaldvetteron will become famous soon enoughronaldvetteron will become famous soon enough
I used to be a huge believer in, all things being equal (e.g., same octane rating) you went with the gas with the best additives. For years, auto manufacturers used Chevron or put Techron in the tank when going for mileage testing. I suspect that the additives are slightly less critical in DFI engines and primarily now apply as it impacts the injector nozzles themselves. I generally just try to stick to top tier gas. Some of the best advice I have heard is regardless of the gas you buy...........don't stop if you know they just took delivery.........all that nice bottom residing sediment gets stirred up........

Old 01-30-2014, 01:42 PM
rnl
rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !rnl Is a GOD !
Exxon/Mobil 93
Shell 93 or
Sunoco 93

Old 01-30-2014, 03:15 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
sams club 91,,no problems so far, use seafoam every six months,,runs like a champ

Old 01-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Zelig is on a distinguished road
I prefer Shell because it has a "Top Tier Detergency" rating and a no history of environmental baggage like BP or Exxon. FYI the list of Top Tier retailers currently includes:

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Retailers

Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.

In addition, all gasoline outlets carrying the brand of the approved retailer must meet the TOP TIER standards.

Additional gasoline retailers are added to the TOP TIER list as they meet the standards. The retailers known to be on the TOP TIER list are shown below.

TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:
USA Canada
76 Stations Chevron Canada
Aloha Petroleum Esso
BP Petro-Canada
Chevron Shell Canada
Conoco
CountryMark
Entec Stations
Exxon
Hawaii Fueling Network (HFN)
Holiday Stationstores, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
MFA Oil Co.
Mileage Stations
Mobil
Ohana Fuels
Phillips 66
Quik Trip
Road Ranger
Scheirl Oil
Shell
Texaco
Tri-Par Oil Co.
U.S. Oil

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What gas do you use?