2015 z06 c7 corvette or 911 C2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 08:53 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
2015 z06 c7 corvette or 911 C2?

Which would you choose?

Kinda hard to say no to the c7 z06 with all that it comes with for under 100k.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:00 PM
FrstPorsche is on a distinguished road
Oh no you didn't...

Old 05-10-2014, 09:06 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Oh no you didn't...
hehe

I wonder if people could remain unbiased in their choosing. I doubt it. Could be an interesting thread.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:10 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !

These 2 are not cross shopping options. Different value propositions. A hammer vs a scalpel.
Maybe a Z06 for fun at the track and a C2 for (fast) daily commute.
If I could only have one and was budget conscious, I would still have the C2 (bare bones, in manual).
Damn! I responded and added a post to a 'vette vs 911 thread

PS: this is not about the Z06, but finally a video that expresses a balanced point of view and is not all praise for the C7 like we see in the US media and reviews:

Jethro still says that it is a great car and that he likes it a lot, but that is still not up to the best european competitors in body control, precision, fit and finish (he mentions the 911 -which is obvious- and the F-type -because he is british...-). I think the 'precision' argument is the right one.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13970051178_2ff5b09b2a_o.jpg
Views:	1122
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	373361  

Last edited by SM_ATL; 05-10-2014 at 09:28 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:32 PM
RossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond reputeRossL has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not sure how much different the Z06 will be from the C7 but I kind of agree, they really are 2 separate focuses and beasts in their own right.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:43 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Why is this even any kind of a comparison...it's like apples and lemons. Yes, I am a proud American, but there truly is no comparison between German engineering vs American. Push any button in both, close a door, look at the paint finish...then you will see why the German product is so far superior...and that comes with a price....

Old 05-10-2014, 09:44 PM
ipse dixit can only hope to improve
Drive both and then you'll know.

But since you can't test drive the Z06, the question is premature if not irrelevant.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:42 PM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
It's a good thing to see the Stingray doing the work and pcar drivers should be aware that this is a great sports car. That said, I'm holding on to my c4s, and I won't worry that the Stingray may beat my ride is certain conditions. The Stingray's '14 changes will affect some buyers decisions but won't change the fact that it isn't a 911. Next week I'm heading on a family +2k roadtrip in my pcar, due to the fact it has a set of rear seats (and other characteristics). The value of a 911 isn't only what it does today, but how and why it's been doing extraordinary things for so long. IMHO the details do matter, and the Stingray has some ground to makeup before enthusiasts settle a consensus. I can understand why many have headed to Bowling Green instead of Stuttgart; $$ do matter. Sometimes you just can't explain why we select and like one thing over another.

ipse dixit quote : But since you can't test drive the Z06, the question is premature if not irrelevant.

I couldn't get ride time in a GTr in 2010 but just sitting in the car told me what to do.

Old 05-11-2014, 04:43 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Compared to a Vette or an F Type -in those circumstances- the 991 is in a different league.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:41 AM
Capsfan is on a distinguished road
The vette is ugly, it looks like what could have been a hot girl that went ahead and had lots of plastic surgery. Performance wise it is hard to beat but so is a GTR. Buy what you like, I don't think you will be disappointed with either.

Old 05-11-2014, 05:41 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all

To each his own, but I'm not seeing it.................

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	c7991_zps790c4e2a.jpg
Views:	1106
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	373390  
Old 05-11-2014, 06:07 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
Serge and others have it nailed. You ride close to the rear wheels so you will feel the bumps more and there is so much torque driving such a light rear end making wheel-spin prevalent. On the other hand creature comforts are there and cost per pound / HP is much less.

ChuckJ

Old 05-11-2014, 06:11 AM
nj991s will become famous soon enough
Love that pic!!

I also don't quite get the comparison, I'll be taking delivery of my C2S this week and have been considering the C7 in addition. Truly two different cars. I mean, it's like comparing a Harley and a Ducati IMO. Both great, but for different reasons.

Old 05-11-2014, 06:32 AM
gulrey22 has a spectacular aura aboutgulrey22 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by socalsteve
Why is this even any kind of a comparison...it's like apples and lemons. Yes, I am a proud American, but there truly is no comparison between German engineering vs American. Push any button in both, close a door, look at the paint finish...then you will see why the German product is so far superior...and that comes with a price....
The German product is only superior in some of the areas you mentioned BECAUSE of the price. It is not hard to make things better when you charge that much more.

They have no inherent superiority

I have a 2013 C2S

Old 05-11-2014, 07:44 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gulrey22
The German product is only superior in some of the areas you mentioned BECAUSE of the price. It is not hard to make things better when you charge that much more.

They have no inherent superiority

I have a 2013 C2S
+1!!! Chevy can't make and market a mass production 100K plus car - it won't work with its audience. They could build a small run of something, like Ford does on occasion. But a large scale car like a vette? Never. Ask VW how they did with their 100k+ attempt.

But at the same price point, I am sure Americans are capable of a car of equal fit and finish ! JMO

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2015 z06 c7 corvette or 911 C2?