Horrible experience with Wicked Motor Works

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 12:09 AM
shihwei is on a distinguished road
Horrible experience with Wicked Motor Works

Hi all,
This is another horrible experience with Wicked Motor Works' 991 GT3 style bumper kit. I first ordered the kit in December 2013, and was told by Beau that they already have the mold, and it would take about 6~8 weeks for them to produce the front bumper, the rear bumper and the rear spoiler. Came mid February 2014, they told me they front bumper will be ready in 2 weeks, and the rear bumper will be 2 weeks after that. This process dragged out for three more months. It was May until I finally received what I ordered THREE MONTHS LATE!!!
So, some might say its normal to receive something late, but there were a lot more issues during the transaction. Originally when they advertised for the bumper, the picture showed all supporting frames, associated lips etc. but when they were about to ship, they told me all other accessories are not included, if I want them it would cost me another $4,000. All of these parts were OEM, so of course, they had me waiting for another month.
Having spent an additional $4,000 on OEM parts that were needed to install, Beau told me shipping this would cost ~$1,500, but by the time they are ready to ship, the shipping became $2,600 another additional $1,000 from what was quoted. Of course, this was not something they could control since shipping prices were determined by the shipping company... Some might ask why I continued the transaction with them? The reason was because I live in Taiwan, and I was worried that I would never get my money back if I cancel the order. (To those who are wondering, please find disputes other people have had with them on line) And I do not plan on making a lawsuit overseas.
Finally, the package arrived, but there were 2 OEM parts missing. I immediately reported this to Wicked, but they told me they were sure that those two parts were packed, and it must have gotten lost during customs. I then asked the shipping company about this, but they said their personnel were at the customs when this box went through. Although it was opened, nothing was taken out, so there was no chance of the parts not being placed back in since nothing was taken out to begin with. (I have no way of finding out whether or not these parts were ever put in the box at the first place...) Now Wicked left me working with the shipping company and insurance on my own, and the only support Wicked is giving me is ordering another set of the parts and asking me for another $600 to have them shipped to Taiwan.
If anyone is thinking about order from them, please be careful. You will end up spending much much more than what was advertised in order to have the kit complete. Hope this helps some of you who has been thinking about purchasing kits from them in the future...

Old 05-20-2014, 02:47 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear about your horrible and very expensive experience. Others have complained about the QC of their products. Thanks for the heads up. Hope things work out for you.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:29 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope you can get some of your money back from Wicked Motors using a lawyer over there and get your story out to as many people as possible. you can copy and paste your experience to the other forums also (boxster, cayman,etc,etc).

This is from the Wicked Motors website:

We believe excellence is always a work in progress and great companies are not built over night. Great companies are cultivated by the people and the products they produce. And great companies are raised like a children, learning and applying new skills and new talents each year. We start out with the basics ideas and build on them like building blocks. We build and add new items, new products and research into the future every year. Then in time, before you know it, a company produces hundreds of products but each one has been well thought out, tested, and has had years of feedback in use and function to correct any function issues that were not originally addressed in theory stage. Our philosophy is to slowly but constantly venture into uncharted areas to expand your product lines into many different related branches.
* The result are, the Best Products, The Newest most Innovative Designs and an Increase in value. Don't cut corners by buying from others when it comes to your Porsche, Trust us with your investment, we won't let you down.

"we won't let you down"

Old 05-20-2014, 07:01 AM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
hopefully u paid with a credit card, then u can get them involved in getting $back

Old 05-20-2014, 09:15 AM
addysdaddy has a spectacular aura aboutaddysdaddy has a spectacular aura about
Horrible story but thanks for posting. These guys should be black listed from the forum.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:59 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Hard to black list them when they are not a vendor/sponsor....there are plenty of threads about them on the forum although they are mostly about them re-titleing salvage vehicles and selling them without disclosure...there is a bad actors thread that is a sticky and is a good place to list an experience like this

Old 05-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
I went to their website and noticed that they have a number of salvage title cars that they apparently modified and are selling. It may also be there, but I didn't see any customer testimonials...which I would have expected to see given the apparent nature of their business, custom shop.

Old 05-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Lennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond reputeLennon31987 has a reputation beyond repute
OP..have a question for ya, knowing all you knew about Wicked (as you and the mods said, its stated here, this is nothing new) why in the hell would you even bother with them in the first place?

Not to mention you spend an additional 5k but nobody else could provide you a body kit? I only ask this because its pretty widely known Wicked sucks monkey turds (big,long & hard).

Hope the kit fits well and your body shop doesn't charge you an additional 2k in work.

cheers.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:08 PM
ArashApollo will become famous soon enoughArashApollo will become famous soon enough
Man with that money you could have almost paid the difference between a C2S and a GT3! I was looking at their products and decided not to go through because of the quality. Hope everything works out for you.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Wegentop is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear that, I was looking at their product too, luckily i didn't go ahead.

Last edited by Wegentop; 05-21-2014 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:27 AM
shihwei is on a distinguished road
Hi Lennon31987,
I was naive to think that since they were in the business for so long, and the complaints I have read about were on selling salvaged titles instead of manufactured parts, I thought it would be safe to go through with the transaction... I was wrong... lol...
Will post up test fit pictures as soon as I have them.

Originally Posted by Lennon31987
OP..have a question for ya, knowing all you knew about Wicked (as you and the mods said, its stated here, this is nothing new) why in the hell would you even bother with them in the first place?

Not to mention you spend an additional 5k but nobody else could provide you a body kit? I only ask this because its pretty widely known Wicked sucks monkey turds (big,long & hard).

Hope the kit fits well and your body shop doesn't charge you an additional 2k in work.

cheers.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:50 AM
carlos colorss is on a distinguished road
I have same big problem... I call to company Wicked Motorsworks..not respond and missing parts, quality poor.. check my post.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post4122322

Old 05-27-2014, 07:29 PM
TRM
TRM will become famous soon enoughTRM will become famous soon enough
"Our philosophy is to slowly but constantly venture into uncharted areas to expand our product lines into many different related branches" ... funded entirely at full cost by our unwitting customers...apparently.

Old 05-27-2014, 10:08 PM
blk_cs is on a distinguished road
You are not alone on this, there are plenty of people like you who got robbed by that company, hope people who had similar experience will help you on how to solve them. Stay away from them everyone....

Old 06-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Banned
snash991turbo is on a distinguished road
I ordered the same 991 GT3 bumper from Wicked and I had a great experience. It seems like only the ones who have bad experiences with companies post on these threads. I am pretty sure you saw the bumper advertised on their webpage, and if you go on the listing for that specific bumper, it clearly states that none of the OEM grills and attachments are included. It says you must buy them separately. I don't know of any other Porsche aftermarket company that sells their bumpers with all OEM attachments included, unless the price is extensively higher.

The fitment of the bumper is great, and I am very pleased with my experience with Wicked. Beau and all of the representatives that helped me provided great customer service. Like I said, it seems like only those who have had bad experiences with these companies post on these threads.

Last edited by snash991turbo; 06-10-2014 at 07:14 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Wicked Motor Works