Must go to dealer to remove wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 03:20 PM
m5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nicem5_2010 is just really nice
Originally Posted by 2020
Why would I want to waste my time looking in the stupid manual. I got my answer in about 5 minutes in this forum (great group of knowledgeable people). It's like my wife nagging for me to look at the map when I'm lost- why? I know where I am going.

I like your response.....

Old 06-06-2014, 05:37 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 2020
I went to remove the wheels and found out they have a lock nut. I don't remember seeing a lock key when I got the car. I called Porsche Roadside and they stated there is no lock key in the vehicle. You must bring it into the dealer to remove the wheel. I guess Porsche is doing a great job of preventing any thief or the owner from removing the wheel.
Holy crap, that's irresponsibly bad! Hope you got the rep's name. I would hope Porsche would care about that.

As other's have confirmed, the wheel lock key is in the tool kit in the frunk.

Geez. First thing I do is remove the wheel locks when I get a car - I find that someone who really wants your wheels is going to take them no matter what, and are less likely to damage the rest of the car if the lugs come off. Anecdotal at best, but a friend had wheel locks and I guess the guy trying to steal his wheels had enough trouble that he broke the window... and didn't steal anything, just to defecate all over the interior. It was horrid.

Old 06-07-2014, 04:48 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by scatkins
Nice theory, although in the middle of the desert it's unlikely that a Porsche dealer is where you will be towed..

I'm not so sure about that.

A few days ago, just outside Victorville in the SoCal desert, I hit some road debris in a construction zone and had a blowout. No way the "fix-a-flat" goop would fix that, so I called Porsche Roadside Service. At that point I was no more than five miles from a local tire shop.

So what did Porsche say? "Sorry, if we tow you to a local tire shop it'll be $150. But if we tow you to the nearest dealer (Riverside, 50+ miles) away it'll be free.

I'd love to see the business model for that one! Plus, the dealer gave me a loaner '14 Boxster overnight until my tire arrived. I had to put about 110 miles on it to go to work the next day.

The real bummer - the tire was a Pilot Super Sport that was less than three weeks old. Next time I get the road hazard warranty!

DMoore
'13 991S
'13 Panamera GTS