Engine Stumble Survey (not poll).

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 09:09 PM
runner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shaytun
Filled it out. Though my guess is the problem has been there all along, not at 5k miles like I wrote. That's when I looked for it when it started coming up on the forums. It's there for sure. I think the dyno idea is great...expect a drop off at 2500.
Might be worth a try with the dyno, but it seems like any drop in hp or torque would be too small to see. At least with my car, it's just a momentary hiccup when passing through 2500 rpm, and a fairly continuous tickle or tug when cruising @ 2500. More of a seat of the pants feeling.

Not going to happen, but I wish I could talk my dealer into testing each of the VarioCam solenoids and actuators on the engine.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:53 PM
limbo is on a distinguished road
Just completed the survey. I'm at ~4700mi in with no stumble, hope it helps add to the corpus of data.

MB

Old 10-13-2014, 02:54 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OldGuy
Well thanks for all the work. I sent in the survey awhile ago. Since I only have 1200 miles on mine, I guess I still need to pay attention to whats going on.
DUX: how many in the surveys had the problem creep up on them AFTER they had it for awhile as opposed to those who had it from the beginning.
I think we can learn a thing or 4 from the BBQ motors in the GT3 and how Porsche solved that.
Almost everyone (with the exception of 1 or 2 owners) "developed" the stumble, so something clearly happened, changed or broke.

The average seems to be around 4000 miles.. Neither Base, S nor X-51 have been spared and PDK vs MT made no difference either.

Still collecting responses SO PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO COMPLETE FOLKS.

Thanks.

Old 10-13-2014, 03:13 PM
runner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to beholdrunner1021 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dux
Almost everyone (with the exception of 1 or 2 owners) "developed" the stumble, so something clearly happened, changed or broke.

The average seems to be around 4000 miles.. Neither Base, S nor X-51 have been spared and PDK vs MT made no difference either.

Still collecting responses SO PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO COMPLETE FOLKS.

Thanks.
As far as when the stumble developed, you might want to take those responses with a grain of salt. It's quite possible that the stumble was there from day one, but if you're like me the first few months of 991 ownership were nothing but bliss. I may not have noticed any problems with my car until the newness had worn off.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:29 PM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
I can't speak for anyone else, but my stumble definitely "developed" and was not there at the time of delivery.

I've also noticed that with PSE on, you can clearly hear the shudder.

Old 11-03-2014, 09:26 AM
ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !ChuckJ Is a GOD !
I received a survey from Porsche asking me about my experience with Porsche and I got to tell them I was considering a new cab but was postponing that decision due to the stumble problem described on 6speed.

ChuckJ

Old 11-04-2014, 08:51 PM
dux
Survey results are in.
Will also post them in a separate (new) thread.
Please play with the Excel file to try and determine the common denominator.
Unfortunately 6Speedonline does not permit uploading *.xls files, so I had to zip it instead.
Thanks to all who participated.

Attachment 406796

Attached Files
File Type: zip
Stumble Survey Results.zip (15.3 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by dux; 11-05-2014 at 07:32 AM.