Free interim service + test drive of c4s and macan turbo

Old 11-15-2014, 10:37 AM
nash667 has a spectacular aura aboutnash667 has a spectacular aura about
Free interim service + test drive of c4s and macan turbo

So i had a fun day today...

I was due for my second service at 25,000 kms, and they were supposed to charge me about 450 USD. However a dealership in a city close by had a promotion where they would give you a free oil change, vehicle and tire inspection, discount on parts and a test drive of the entire Porsche model range. They were calling it the Porsche clinic or something like that and everything was complementary.

So i spoke to the service adviser there and he confirmed what they were offering was essentially what would be in the second interim service and he agreed to stamp my maintenance record. While i waited i could enjoy the buffet lunch, pick up my free gift basket, and test drive the sh#t out of their entire model range.

I only had time for the c4s and the macan turbo... Both of which are excellent cars...

The C4S

Since i own a base i was really excited to try out this car to gauge the real difference in power that a non pro/track driver like myself could feel. Its a great car and i love the display option that shows you how power is being distributed to the front and rear wheels. Would i pay the extra amount to have this care over the base? Nope, the 50 horsepower was not a big enough addition to a already spectacular car. But hey thats me.

The Macan Turbo

When i got into this car i really wanted to love it, but unfortunately that didn't happen. I felt like the car was trapped between two personalities, one being a sports car and the other a family SUV. Some, like me, would have thought this was the perfect balance and great for a daily driver, but it really wasn't. I realized, especially at this price point, that i had to either go for a luxury SUV or an all out sports car. Too bad.

Anyway it was a fun day to say the least!

Old 11-15-2014, 06:15 PM
Razorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the roughRazorsedge is a jewel in the rough
Sounds like a good day! I might have made time for one of the Caymans though....