991 4s a true daily driver?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2019, 07:56 PM
btraer is on a distinguished road
2015 C4s daily driver in Florida since purchased new. 2017 Macan GTS for wife and for road trips.

Old 03-22-2019, 03:34 PM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
I daily drove 911s in the DC area for about 30 years. It is possible. But with the commute the OP mentioned a Macan would be whole lot easier on the mind and body. More quiet, less fuss with cars that share the road, actual sidewalls that ease of mind re potholes and a spare tire.

My Macan S is damn near as satisfying as my 991 C2S, so I drove it to Rennsport in Monterey instead of the 991. I wish I had sprung for a Macan GTS or Turbo, but I feared ignoring the 991 too much!

Old 03-25-2019, 10:29 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jcrew
Thanks for all of the feedback. It looks as if his concerns have been validated. I believe he is going to go for a Macan for the time being, until he feels comfortable getting another car he can devote solely to weekend/warm weather driving. Thanks for your insight guys!
Cannot go wrong with a Macan imo. I have a C4S and a Macan S; if I could only have one it would be the Macan (for the space). Good luck!

Old 03-30-2019, 09:16 PM
08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute08957 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcrew
Hey everyone I'm brand new to the forum, but have been reading post on 6speed for the last couple months, and finally decided it was time to create an account. Right now I'm trying to help my dad decide on a new daily driver and he isn't convinced a 991 can truly handle his needs. He currently has a 997 as his weekend car, and absolutely loves it, but wants to consolidate down to one car.

He lives in the Mid-Atlantic, and the region in which he lives usually receives a good amount of snow and ice each year. He roughly commutes 130miles round trip, five days a week. His biggest concern is that even with winter tires, he worries the car won't be able to be reliable in the snow and that it won't be a comfortable ride.

I have read many great things on this forum about the daily drive ability of the 991, but I just wanted to hear myself from people with first hand experience if the 991 4s is a good contender for a year round daily driver.

Thanks in advance!
I have a 997 Turbo as my garage queen

I am in the process of picking up a 991.1 Turbo S - in comparison it is like a limo ride - here is a video of my test drive - not many cars you can do a launch control - go 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and then use the adaptive cruise control to inch along in Manhattan City traffic - only disadvantage I can see if the lower seating position makes it a bit harder to get in and out of but compared to my AMG e63S it is softer riding in normal mode and has just as much leg and head room - over all a really wonderful car to drive every day in all seasons

JUST MAKE SURE you put PAINT protection film over the entire car

As for those guys who are worried about driving in the snow - it is actually one of the best cars ever in the snow with the right tires - (it is a rear engine AWD car)

Last edited by 08957; 03-30-2019 at 09:20 PM.