PSE on my 2013 cabrio

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 12:07 PM
thebiboum is on a distinguished road
PSE on my 2013 cabrio

Hi

I'm from Palm Beach county in Florida. I have a base 991 cabrio 2013( 3,4) . I went into the dealer today to find out how much it would cost me to upgrade my regular exhaust system to the PSE, the dealer quote me 5000$ all install with the switch inside the car . It it market price ?

Last edited by thebiboum; 07-06-2015 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:27 AM
jnx
jnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to beholdjnx is a splendid one to behold
Just install a Shark Werks X-pipe and be done with it!

Old 07-07-2015, 10:49 AM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Are you a PCA member? If so you should be getting a 10-15% discount on parts. $5K seems high, $3500-$4000 seems more realistic. Since you are in FL, check with SUNCOAST to find out what they would charge. May be worth the drive.

Old 07-07-2015, 10:53 AM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
I understand price is higher for 991 than for 991S for some reason (more parts needed probably?)

Old 07-09-2015, 12:26 PM
Antics22 is on a distinguished road
on your regular 3.4, the price sounds about right if you want it installed at the dealership. The exhaust kit itself is around $3000 or so, install from a dealer will be around 1600-2000 so the quote of $5000 seems about right for a PSE installed.

Obviously, you can shop around the labor to install it but the exhaust will be around $2,900-3,000 or so (suncoast, etc). Hope this clears up any confusion.

Ive been noticing alot of confusion with people quoting prices for retrofitting the PSE on the carreraS and creating confusion for the 3.4 guys. The install for the 3.4 is definitely more involved as it requires removal of the drivers seat, and prety much all of your rear interior (just to get a simple 2-wire harness from the engine bay through the firewall and into the cabin).

If you decide to install it yourself, or taking it to an Indy, just keep in mind that you might save more on the labor portion of it, but unless you/they have access to a PIWISII programmer, you will have to end up taking it to the dealer anyways to get the PSE button programmed/activated (and they'll most likely charge you 1 hr minimum at shop rate)

Good luck with the install! I love my retrofit kit and wouldnt hesitate to do it again if i had to.

Last edited by Antics22; 07-09-2015 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:32 PM
thebiboum is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Antics22
on your regular 3.4, the price sounds about right if you want it installed at the dealership. The exhaust kit itself is around $3000 or so, install from a dealer will be around 1600-2000 so the quote of $5000 seems about right for a PSE installed.

Obviously, you can shop around the labor to install it but the exhaust will be around $2,900-3,000 or so (suncoast, etc). Hope this clears up any confusion.

Ive been noticing alot of confusion with people quoting prices for retrofitting the PSE on the carreraS and creating confusion for the 3.4 guys. The install for the 3.4 is definitely more involved as it requires removal of the drivers seat, and prety much all of your rear interior (just to get a simple 2-wire harness from the engine bay through the firewall and into the cabin).

If you decide to install it yourself, or taking it to an Indy, just keep in mind that you might save more on the labor portion of it, but unless you/they have access to a PIWISII programmer, you will have to end up taking it to the dealer anyways to get the PSE button programmed/activated (and they'll most likely charge you 1 hr minimum at shop rate)

Good luck with the install! I love my retrofit kit and wouldnt hesitate to do it again if i had to.
Thanks for your feedback I don't want to take to much risk so I will go with the dealer approach . I wanted to be sure they were not in the left feel with there quote

Old 07-09-2015, 12:43 PM
Antics22 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by thebiboum
Thanks for your feedback I don't want to take to much risk so I will go with the dealer approach . I wanted to be sure they were not in the left feel with there quote
not a problem! one of the benefits of having the dealer install it is they will honor their warranty for the exhaust and components since its "Tequipment" (when installed at a dealer).

It also reduces the risk of having too many parties involved in the installation process and having a "he said/she said-finger pointing gangbang" if things go awry...

Last edited by Antics22; 07-09-2015 at 12:45 PM.