Paul Walker's daughter sues Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 05:11 AM
Michael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant futureMichael_s has a brilliant future
Paul Walker's daughter sues Porsche

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/29/entert...alker-lawsuit/

Old 09-29-2015, 05:41 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
Very tragic that she lost her father like that. But it was not the Porsche fault by far. I guess you chase the deep pockets. Maybe you should sue the tire manufacturer since it lost traction as well.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:18 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
She's 16 years old. The attorney promised her a new iPhone & designer case every other month if she would sign the paperwork that allowed him to go after Porsche with 50% of the settlement as his fee.

Put me on that jury.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:42 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I bet there were a bunch of lawyers calling her everyday, saying it was an open and close case with no downside - win and you get lots of money from a company that has billions. Lose and you owe nothing. Hey, but its not about the money . . .

Old 09-29-2015, 12:00 PM
ROD
ROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud ofROD has much to be proud of
I don't think Paul would have wanted this. He knew the risks and took a chance.

My friend and I almost lost our lives 15 years ago. We were in a classic Nissan driving on a twisty mountain road. He was driving fast, but I trusted him and I think I would have driving it just as fast. Long story short, he almost drove us off the side of the mountain. I remember being at peace with the idea of dying as the car's front end neared the edge while traveling at about 50mph. To this day, I believe it was a miracle we survived (no guardrail). I wouldn't want anyone to sue the car's manufacturer or my friend if we had died. I could have said "slow down" or "im getting out" at any point in the drive to prevent such a scare.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:31 PM
SilverSled is on a distinguished road
It's incredibly tragic as both the driver and passenger's families lost their fathers.

Every Porsche manual I've had not only instructs its users to obey traffic laws at all times, but also to maintain the car and drive within your limits. So if you chose to disregard the first three and have a bad outcome, is it the manufacturer's fault?

Old 09-29-2015, 03:42 PM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
It will never see the light of day in a courtroom. They sue for $ 20 mil (Just made that up, no idea what the actual amount is), settle out of court for $ 2 mil and the attorney made $ 1 mil for filing papers, the daughter gets the other mil. That's how the big boys play.

Old 09-29-2015, 04:25 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SilverSled
It's incredibly tragic as both the driver and passenger's families lost their fathers.

Every Porsche manual I've had not only instructs its users to obey traffic laws at all times, but also to maintain the car and drive within your limits. So if you chose to disregard the first three and have a bad outcome, is it the manufacturer's fault?
From what I understand, she (or her lawyers) are suing because of safety issues, that the car was built unsafe and that safety belts were faulty in the car not allowing occupants to unclip/exit the car after the crash.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:25 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Yeah, I bet there were a bunch of lawyers calling her everyday, saying it was an open and close case with no downside - win and you get lots of money from a company that has billions. Lose and you owe nothing. Hey, but its not about the money . . .
I guess those lawyers didn't read the news lately. All monies in VW AG and subsidiaries had probably been redistributed towards dieselgate.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:10 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
personal injury attorneys (firms) are the scum of the earth...legalized extortion its called.....they can file suits against anyone (in the USA) and the defendant whether right or wrong still has to pay to defend....oh...but the plaintiff attorney will go away if you just settle for a lessor amount...we should have loser pays...including the attorney's who file this crap....