keeping bluetooth audio connected?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 03:02 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
keeping bluetooth audio connected?

I am grateful that my 991 has bluetooth audio. However, every time I come back to the car, it plays FM radio at high volume, instead of the bluetooth audio before I turned off the engine. Other cars such as BMW is able to keep the bluetooth audio as a selection, anyone has figured out anyway to do this? thanks.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:41 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
I use Jukebox and every time I come back to the car, Jukebox comes on. What you need to do is set your fob to auto memorize your settings each time you lock your door with your fob. Go into Settings on the MFD, and in one of the menus there is an Auto Memory setting. Check that box.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:35 PM
trovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nicetrovan is just really nice
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
I use Jukebox and every time I come back to the car, Jukebox comes on. What you need to do is set your fob to auto memorize your settings each time you lock your door with your fob. Go into Settings on the MFD, and in one of the menus there is an Auto Memory setting. Check that box.
Thanks. Will give it a try

Old 11-19-2015, 11:01 AM
Rapture1 is on a distinguished road
I've tried many times to have the car remember to connect to the IPod (phone) when I start up. I have never had any success. I think it needs to be a connected source when it starts in order to remember, which Bluetooth and in my case a USB connected phone are not for a minute or so after start up. I had even tried to have it remember the Aux connection but that did not work either.

Now I just turn the volume down before turning off the car.

If you have better luck please share.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:43 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rapture1
I've tried many times to have the car remember to connect to the IPod (phone) when I start up. I have never had any success. I think it needs to be a connected source when it starts in order to remember, which Bluetooth and in my case a USB connected phone are not for a minute or so after start up. I had even tried to have it remember the Aux connection but that did not work either.

Now I just turn the volume down before turning off the car.

If you have better luck please share.
These are good and valid points, but think that if the PCM can automatically connect with your phone automatically via bluetooth, it can connect with the music too, no? Maybe the caveat with music is that the music may need to be on before you start the car in order for the car to get the BT signal?

Well, I just tried it. Looks like my theory is wrong - sorry. Seems that you will need to push the button to go to Aux BT and PCM will not automatically do it.

Last edited by PorscheCrazy; 11-19-2015 at 01:56 PM. Reason: updated post
Old 11-19-2015, 07:15 PM
Samp will become famous soon enough
To compensate for the volume level when going to FM you can adjust the difference for volume to compensate for the difference. I think it is in the sound section.

Of course that won't solve the going to FM but will help with the column issue.