Throttle blip w/downshift w/ MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 09:23 PM
carsnob is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Throttle blip w/downshift w/ MT

W/ sports chrono, for those who like to shift gears (MT)in a sports car, I'm just curious what you think of the rev matching when downshifting in sport mode? Too automatic, and less engaging vs.old school shifting and heel/toe rev matching ?
Like or dislike??

Old 01-07-2016, 06:56 AM
dds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond reputedds007 has a reputation beyond repute
What's MT? That sounds slower than PDK... Hehe jk

Old 01-07-2016, 07:46 AM
drcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond reputedrcollie has a reputation beyond repute
It's a toy on the car. Press the button when you want to amuse yourself, that's all.

Old 01-07-2016, 07:55 AM
991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold
It actually works really good at the track.

Old 01-07-2016, 10:00 AM
does195 is on a distinguished road
Old school

Old 01-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Originally Posted by does195
Old school
I actually really wanted this when I got mine and could not find it... so digressed to looking for a 997.2 manual or 991 pdk. Most of us could have bought "faster" cars for less money but wanted these fore stress relievers and weekend cruisers...

Old 01-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
I really enjoyed it on a C7 Z51 at the track, but every time I disengaged the clutch it felt like something was grinding momentarily, very brief. Is the Porsche system very smooth at the track?

Old 01-08-2016, 10:04 AM
whoadude is on a distinguished road
The Porsche rev match on the MT is VERY good. You cannot rev match better yourself that is for sure, and on track less chance of messing up.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Works great, but that's the beauty of options. If you don't like it, you can use Sport instead of Sport Plus. I find myself driving in Sport 99% of the time, and rarely use Sport Plus.

Note: I do remember auto-blips being disabled if PSM is disabled. Need to double check that.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:47 AM
whoadude is on a distinguished road
You can disable it even in sport plus if you disable traction control.

Old 01-08-2016, 11:58 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
The rev-matching feature is quite smooth and accurate, but can easily be switched off if you prefer heel-and-toe driving.

I love the 991 in manual and my Hemi Challenger in automatic. The 8-speed automatic really helps to get the 4300-pound beast down the quarter mile in record time.

Old 01-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
The rev-matching feature is quite smooth and accurate, but can easily be switched off if you prefer heel-and-toe driving.

I love the 991 in manual and my Hemi Challenger in automatic. The 8-speed automatic really helps to get the 4300-pound beast down the quarter mile in record time.
Usually by the time the tachometer shows the intended rpm shift point (some tachs fall behind actual rpm), the eye and brain register it, and the fingers move the paddle, and the paddle moves and then initiates the gear change and the gear change occurs....its too late and much slower than what the computer could do at the optimal rpm. So unless torque management is different in manual mode, auto mode is always quicker. But not as much fun.

Old 01-08-2016, 02:53 PM
SergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the roughSergePorsche is a jewel in the rough
I love having the RevMatching choice. The only thing I would have preferred is to have a separate button for RevMatching that I could use regardless of my sport setting. Sometimes I want Sport Plus mode for the suspension and throttle settings, but I want to RevMatch on my own.

Does anybody know if the Sport mode, plus engaging the suspension button, is the same as Sport Plus mode without RevMatching?

Old 01-08-2016, 06:17 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Usually by the time the tachometer shows the intended rpm shift point (some tachs fall behind actual rpm), the eye and brain register it, and the fingers move the paddle, and the paddle moves and then initiates the gear change and the gear change occurs....its too late and much slower than what the computer could do at the optimal rpm. So unless torque management is different in manual mode, auto mode is always quicker. But not as much fun.
You're absolutely correct, Deuuuce: I leave the trans in full auto when I want the best number (there's no change in torque management). I'm able to get the 4300 pound beast to run 0 to 60 in four seconds flat in full auto mode. I really wish I had this tranny back in the day.

Old 01-12-2016, 07:31 AM
beemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the roughbeemer guy is a jewel in the rough
I played with it on a service loaner, and it works great. However, for me, I'm old-school and I prefer to keep my H&T skills sharp by doing it myself, all the time.

Plus, I don't like the "sport mode" and the way it changes the throttle and steering response.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Throttle blip w/downshift w/ MT