Backup Camera Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 08:42 AM
bruceinarizona is on a distinguished road
Backup Camera Installation

I am seeking advice from members with respect to having a backup camera installed in my 2014 991. I am looking for an experienced, quality supplier/installer in the Phoenix, Arizona area. I am interested in a factory-type installation utilizing my PCM. I don't want a wireless type using an iPhone or secondary monitor (I could do that myself).

Any recommendations or suggestions greatly appreciated......

Old 02-08-2017, 02:51 PM
scatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond reputescatkins has a reputation beyond repute
Can't give you any guidance on installers.. as I did mine myself on my 2014C2S. But it's a relatively simple self install, A user plenum here has excellent documentation on performing.

Basically you pull the PCM out install a replacement harness and small box... run the cable (again some good documentation on how to do that) and install the camera on the rear skirt. The hardest part was feeding through the rear bulkhead.. I ended up having to figure out how to do it myself, but now there is some good doc's on how to easily perform that.

It ends up being a nice clean install. Not hard if you have basic aptitudes

As an added bonus, you learn how to get the rear skirt off, which you need to do anyway if you want to do your own filter changes etc.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.