Another tire thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 10:17 AM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Steve997S
Watching the Belgium F1 qualifying this morning, I saw a track side ad referencing Pirelli color edition tires. What???

https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/...-color-edition
Ooh, those are pretty cool!

Old 09-05-2017, 10:03 AM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Order Cup2 from Costco, $440/340, not that bad. Penny install in 2 weeks or so ($130) and a 70 coupon

I might keep the P0s to drive up to the winter arrival.

Old 09-05-2017, 10:24 AM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John McLane
Order Cup2 from Costco, $440/340, not that bad. Penny install in 2 weeks or so ($130) and a 70 coupon

I might keep the P0s to drive up to the winter arrival.
Was watching a recent Top Gear episode yesterday where the McLaren 675LT (long tail) was being driven by Jenson Button, who is one of the few owners or a McLaren P1 I might add. He said what he doesn't like about most all road cars is that initial turn-in is crap. You can feel the front in fight for initial grip and you don't really ever get as much as you need. With the McLaren he said the extra wide track of the front end has a lot to do with the amazing front grip which he thought was superior to most other hyper cars. There's a reason why most the high performance cars sold come standard with Cup 2s or the Pirelli Trafeo. We may not be driving a McLaren 675LT but we can close the gap a little with some super grippy tires. Enjoy driving on the best Michelin tire available today.

Old 09-16-2017, 01:14 PM
John McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to beholdJohn McLane is a splendid one to behold
Total 1500 installed. Quite smooth rolling. Will post once more spirited and tracking driving happens
Some pics;

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo684.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	512746   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo195.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	512747   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo730.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	512748   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo63.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	512749  
Old 10-01-2017, 09:19 PM
Had a track day with the cup 2, so awesome! The P0s are a joke. A fella running a GTS suffered the same overheating I was, with poor control, if you know what I mean...
Added a slight toe adjustment, next a decent set of breaks. The rear pads are gone...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.