The newest variant of the 991.2 -The "Carrera T"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 02:35 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
The newest variant of the 991.2 -The "Carrera T"

Looks nice !! https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/prod...ing-14410.html

Old 10-23-2017, 08:24 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sorry but most of us recall that 24 months ago they were touting that MT's were not in their future plans and, as such, were on their last legs. But now they hawking them again as "more driving pleasure".
This must be a new record (even for Porsche) with their ability to squeeze yet another iteration out of the 991 range. How many variants do we now have of the 991?

This horse is close to life support..

Old 10-23-2017, 11:37 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dux
I'm sorry but most of us recall that 24 months ago they were touting that MT's were not in their future plans and, as such, were on their last legs. But now they hawking them again as "more driving pleasure".
This must be a new record (even for Porsche) with their ability to squeeze yet another iteration out of the 991 range. How many variants do we now have of the 991?

This horse is close to life support..
I remember the launch of the 991 . There was so much flurry over the price , the larger car , the comfort amenities . This was quite a departure from earlier 911's which prided themselves on simplicity . There was also a longing to see a price for a car which had a few options that didnt get the average buyer to gulp.

As this model cycle begins its wind down it's nice to see a 110K (optioned) 911 offer these things .

Old 10-25-2017, 04:17 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Thumbs up

At one point while carving the corners, making a quick left around a mountain edge, you can see the vehicle rotate sharply around the apex almost surreal like...

Great job Porsche with that RAS..

Old 10-31-2017, 02:28 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
I don't understand the marketing behind the "T." They're calling out weight savings and driving dynamics, but IIRC it's something like 11lbs lighter than a Carrera. What's the point of the fabric door handles and lightweight glass if you're only saving that much?

I think I'm disappointed partially because I heard "lightweight model" and figured we'd save 1-200lbs over the Carrera.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:38 PM
Carrera316 is on a distinguished road
Will this car be difficult to order through a dealership? (due to high demand or limited production)

Old 11-02-2017, 08:11 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
I don't understand the marketing behind the "T." They're calling out weight savings and driving dynamics, but IIRC it's something like 11lbs lighter than a Carrera. What's the point of the fabric door handles and lightweight glass if you're only saving that much?

I think I'm disappointed partially because I heard "lightweight model" and figured we'd save 1-200lbs over the Carrera.
People are concerned about the weight savings. Porsche is really good at changing the driving experience within models. Take the Cayman S vs GTS the driving experience is quite different. I think those that actually drive the car will enjoy it. For about $120K you can get a really nice spec. Get a tune and you will be in C2S range with shorter gear ratios it will be tough to beat.

Old 11-06-2017, 06:13 PM
Carrera316 is on a distinguished road
I'm about ready to contact dealers this week about ordering a 911 Carrera T but this will be my first ever 911 order. Does anyone have any feedback if I can expect to get this delivered in March and/or if I should expect any discount/premium on the MSRP? I can't seem to find any feedback online about the demand for a 911 Carrera T.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:20 PM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by rossii
People are concerned about the weight savings. Porsche is really good at changing the driving experience within models. Take the Cayman S vs GTS the driving experience is quite different. I think those that actually drive the car will enjoy it. For about $120K you can get a really nice spec. Get a tune and you will be in C2S range with shorter gear ratios it will be tough to beat.
The weight savings between a 911 and a 991-T apparently is something like 11lbs. That's my point - there is no real "lightweight" feature here.

Old 11-07-2017, 10:19 AM
dbh
dbh is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Carrera316
I'm about ready to contact dealers this week about ordering a 911 Carrera T but this will be my first ever 911 order. Does anyone have any feedback if I can expect to get this delivered in March and/or if I should expect any discount/premium on the MSRP? I can't seem to find any feedback online about the demand for a 911 Carrera T.
There are apparently "lists" at dealers for the earliest allocations of these cars. So, it's unlikely (but not impossible) you'd get a March delivery. Also unlikely that you'd get any discount on an early "T". This, of course depends on your discussions with a real dealer.

Old 11-10-2017, 04:34 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
11 lbs? That's crazy. Do they offer option for rear seat delete, sunroof delete, radio delete, etc.?
I think in the old days they had a T model as well.

I'll still take the GTS at this point.

Old 11-10-2017, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by chance6
11 lbs? That's crazy. Do they offer option for rear seat delete, sunroof delete, radio delete, etc.?
I think in the old days they had a T model as well.

I'll still take the GTS at this point.
I've seen that number quoted a couple of times in articles (weight is ~3,1xxlbs). I was excited when I heard about a lightweight T, but was definitely expecting more.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.