Finally - N spec Pilot Sports for 911s!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2017, 05:29 PM
dbh
dbh is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by r11rs
How do you like them? Can you post photo(s) and/or the actual writing on the sidewalls? Been having a hard time sourcing them in the N spec. Just put some on a Benz.
I now have approx. 200 miles on the car (& tires), the temps here in the high 40's - low 50's and I can't rev above 4k RPM. All that being said, yes I like them. Yes, they are "N0" spec and in factory sizes for a GTS. I suspect they are still too new and probably not in distribution here in the USA. I note that the Tire Rack has them on back order - I'm not sure that they even had them in stock.

Last edited by dbh; 11-15-2017 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 05:49 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by r11rs
How do you like them? Can you post photo(s) and/or the actual writing on the sidewalls? Been having a hard time sourcing them in the N spec. Just put some on a Benz.
They are/were available at Tirerack already (or had them based on above). Last week they weren't listed as out of stock. N spec costs you a little more but would you expect any different? I was hoping Michelin would make the Cup 2 for my Spyder. If they don't, then I'll have to compromise with the PS4S. But I don't need them for a while.

Last edited by Steve997S; 11-15-2017 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:22 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Wink

Nice! With the amount of Fun I'm having with the GTS Cab, I see New shoes soon...

Old 11-17-2017, 11:04 AM
dbh
Originally Posted by Steve997S
They are/were available at Tirerack already (or had them based on above). Last week they weren't listed as out of stock.
Were they ever in stock?? Every time I've looked over the past couple of weeks (including this morning) they've been listed as back order.

Old 11-20-2017, 06:40 AM
Jeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud ofJeff Kay has much to be proud of
my GTS was delivered with the new generation of Pirelli p0's
are the Michelins superior to that for down here in south Florida? IF so which specific model of the Michelin and why?
thanks

Old 11-20-2017, 09:41 AM
dbh
Originally Posted by Jeff Kay
my GTS was delivered with the new generation of Pirelli p0's
are the Michelins superior to that for down here in south Florida? IF so which specific model of the Michelin and why?
thanks
The latest generation of the Pirelli P Zero (N1) is a better tire than the outgoing N0. Is the Michelin a better tire?? It really depends on where you're driving and how you drive. In south Florida I don't imagine you have a lot of twisty roads. And, if your driving style tends toward cruising, you'll probably never be able to tell the difference. If this is your case, I'd just wait 'till the P Zero's wear out before replacing them.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:29 AM
Johnny5alive is on a distinguished road
Is there any difference between these N Pilot 4S tires and the 4S tires I put on my car 3 months ago?

Old 11-23-2017, 10:01 AM
jeff3545 is an unknown quantity at this point
N1 P-zeros on my GTS. I have the Pilot Sports on my E63 and really like them, but on that car I also had a good experience with Hankook V12 tires, even though the sidewalls were noticeably softer than the Michelins.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:13 AM
r11rs will become famous soon enough
Just put the Michelin As3 on the E-class as well... They are fantastic.

Old 11-06-2018, 02:18 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Long term update.

These Michelins (N0 PS4s) are slightly better than the Pirellis but not in all respects. The pirellis ride little nicer - they seemingly have softer sidewalls.

The Michelins offer much more direct turn in and mechanical grip, but they are a bit harsh riding relative to my experiences with PS2 and PSS. The one area they are lacking in is wet grip. By lacking, I mean not objectively superior to the Pirellis. The pirellis have mediocre wet grip and I would call the PS4s wet grip "good" 7/10. But prior Michelins were more like a 8/10 or even 9/10.

Bottom line: They are still the best choice, but Micheline seem to have gone a bit conservative. They are one good enough to just beat the competition. Michelin can do better I'm sure (and will).

regards,
DRP

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.