Scheduling service left me speechless

Old 11-16-2017, 01:03 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Scheduling service left me speechless

So I am back and forth between Los Angeles and Palm Desert, the latter location where my 83 year-old mother-in-law resides and where my wife resides mostly to care for her. I usually use the Porsche dealership there for service needs for my 991 GTS and Cayenne Hybrid. A few months ago, I noticed some squeaking/rubbing occurring with the glass sunroof on my GTS and used this dealership for repairs. The repairs were quite involved, inasmuch as parts needed to be ordered and the roof needed to be removed. There were several visits made to accomplish all this. Recently the problem resurfaced and, today, while in Palm Desert, I called the same dealership to schedule an appointment. Actually, when I telephoned and explained the problem including that they had initially performed the repair the service tech asked me whether I was calling to schedule an appointment. ??? Anyway, the person told me that because of the holiday (next week) I should plan bringing my car in on the 29th...almost three weeks from now. When I asked why I was told that they might have to order parts. ??? I then suggested that maybe they should inspect the car now to determine whether additional parts would be needed and then schedule accordingly. That seemed to register and I was given an appointment for next week.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:12 PM
dbh
dbh is an unknown quantity at this point
Ha ha. I've found that the service advisors and/or schedulers are not always the brightest bulbs in the box. For example: I had a service advisor refuse to stamp my maintenance book after an intermediate service because I declined replacement of the two cabin air filters even though they did everything else including a brake fluid change.

Old 11-16-2017, 09:10 PM
See U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really niceSee U n Rear View is just really nice
Wink

Originally Posted by Leslierc
So I am back and forth between Los Angeles and Palm Desert, the latter location where my 83 year-old mother-in-law resides and where my wife resides mostly to care for her. I usually use the Porsche dealership there for service needs for my 991 GTS and Cayenne Hybrid. A few months ago, I noticed some squeaking/rubbing occurring with the glass sunroof on my GTS and used this dealership for repairs. The repairs were quite involved, inasmuch as parts needed to be ordered and the roof needed to be removed. There were several visits made to accomplish all this. Recently the problem resurfaced and, today, while in Palm Desert, I called the same dealership to schedule an appointment. Actually, when I telephoned and explained the problem including that they had initially performed the repair the service tech asked me whether I was calling to schedule an appointment. ??? Anyway, the person told me that because of the holiday (next week) I should plan bringing my car in on the 29th...almost three weeks from now. When I asked why I was told that they might have to order parts. ??? I then suggested that maybe they should inspect the car now to determine whether additional parts would be needed and then schedule accordingly. That seemed to register and I was given an appointment for next week.
Loved that one...

Old 11-19-2017, 12:55 AM
Christophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to beholdChristophosphorus is a splendid one to behold
Service is always hit and miss wherever you go. I'm partial to Rusnak in Pasadena as I've been going there for years, know the reps (even though they change once in a while), and they run an extremely clean shop.

I took my car to DTLA Porsche for service once (out of sheer desperation; car acting funny and I was only a street away). My GTS had only ~150 miles on it and looked pristine. After service, I picked up a filthy car that had a ton of water spots, dirt all across the side skirts and bumpers, and, to top it all off, oily/dirty fingerprint smudges on the engine cover.

Good times.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:53 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Christophosphorus
Service is always hit and miss wherever you go. I'm partial to Rusnak in Pasadena as I've been going there for years, know the reps (even though they change once in a while), and they run an extremely clean shop.

I took my car to DTLA Porsche for service once (out of sheer desperation; car acting funny and I was only a street away). My GTS had only ~150 miles on it and looked pristine. After service, I picked up a filthy car that had a ton of water spots, dirt all across the side skirts and bumpers, and, to top it all off, oily/dirty fingerprint smudges on the engine cover.

Good times.
Agree. And that’s precisely the thing. During this call I learned that my Service Rep there who had previously overseen services on my GTS and Cayenne had left the dealership. He was as good as they get. Where I live in L.A. is just a few blocks away from Porsche of B.H. I’ve used them but, as you might imagine, it can be difficult to get appointments. Keeping fingers crossed for this Tuesday.

Old 11-21-2017, 01:12 PM
Update. Everything went smoothly. I met the shop tech who advised that the dryness of the climate out here can effect the lubricant used in connection with the glass roof. Fixed and washed (quite well I would add) in just under 90 minutes. Gave me the chance to eyeball a Rapide and GT3 that were on the showroom floor.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.