Car Wrap Color in OEM Porsche Color

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 04:33 PM
pigcorn is on a distinguished road
Car Wrap Color in OEM Porsche Color

Hi I live in NYC and have a '15 991 4S.

It is dark blue and wanted to get it wrapped in Chalk. I went to a local wrap shop that had good reviews and asked about this....they said look at the paint chips from a few different wrap manufacturers and pick...is there no way to get the OEM Porsche Chalk color in a wrap? Seems risky to pick one "close" to chalk?

I saw someone post their car in "Fashion Grey" so I assume it is more then just try to pick a wrap color that is close.

Thank you!

Last edited by pigcorn; 04-12-2018 at 05:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:14 PM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Originally Posted by pigcorn
Hi I live in NYC and have a '15 991 4S.

It is dark blue and wanted to get it wrapped in Chalk. I went to a local wrap shop that had good reviews and asked about this....they said look at the paint chips from a few different wrap manufacturers and pick...is there no way to get the OEM Porsche Chalk color in a wrap? Seems risky to pick one "close" to chalk?

I saw someone post their car in "Fashion Grey" so I assume it is more then just try to pick a wrap color that is close.

Thank you!
Best thing to do is ask for swatches. Picking a wrap based on internet pictures is like picking an exhaust based on youtube.... It just isn't the same.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:25 PM
yes thanks say the swatches but hard to eye ball a 4" Sq swatch and say oh that's Chalk.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:19 PM
Banned
R_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really niceR_Rated is just really nice
Originally Posted by pigcorn
yes thanks say the swatches but hard to eye ball a 4" Sq swatch and say oh that's Chalk.
You could take it to a dealer. They have little models with the colors painted on them. Likely, with a "real" one next to you would be the only time you knew it wasn't exact.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
All you can do with a wrap is get close to the OE color. Porsche OE colors aren’t offered in wraps.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:34 PM
WhipE350 is on a distinguished road
I'm getting a wrap May 1st. I have all the swatches and I compare to how it looks on many different pictures on the internet. I have come down to about three or four choices. The guys at the wrap shop are getting me bigger samples, they just wanted me to narrow it down.

Since you can't exactly match many of Porsche's colors take your time deciding.

I'll keep you posted how it goes.

Old 04-12-2018, 08:54 PM
991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold991C4s is a splendid one to behold
Nardo grey looks really good.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:48 PM
Thanks guys yes keep me posted and I do like Mateo but I have a similar Range Rover.

i did see this company who does OE wraps

https://www.colorxlabs.com/products/...em-paint-color

Old 04-14-2018, 03:51 PM
1Goodguy02 is on a distinguished road
Whip350 how much are you paying for the wrap?

Old 04-15-2018, 07:10 PM
WhipE350 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 1Goodguy02
Whip350 how much are you paying for the wrap?
Looks like it will be between $3k and $4k depending on addition stuff I might do. I'm trying to keep the cost down considering my dealer is paying for it and the place he sent me to I didn't like and he let me choose my own.

Old 04-28-2018, 11:29 AM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by WhipE350
I'm getting a wrap May 1st. I have all the swatches and I compare to how it looks on many different pictures on the internet. I have come down to about three or four choices. The guys at the wrap shop are getting me bigger samples, they just wanted me to narrow it down.

Since you can't exactly match many of Porsche's colors take your time deciding.

I'll keep you posted how it goes.
Take your sample color and go to the dealer and match it up with a real live car.

Last edited by 90sundevil; 04-30-2018 at 07:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2018, 08:27 PM
murox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura about
Not to hijack OP's thread, but I have some wrap questions as well. I have a black 991 and I've been considering getting a wrap this summer. The colors I like are chalk, nardo gray and non-metallic white.

What is done with the rear emblems when the car is wrapped? Are they removed and replaced? Also, I wouldn't want to spend more than $3-4k for the sake of my marriage. Are there any reputable installers in the mid-atlantic/ohio valley/southeast US that I should speak to?

Also, would the black original paint "bleed through" the wrap, making the lighter color of the wrap appear darker than it otherwise would be?

Old 04-30-2018, 09:12 AM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
My car is back to white now but here is some pics when I wrapped mine with Avery gloss grey which is similar to chalk color.

Attached Images    
Old 04-30-2018, 11:22 AM
murox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura aboutmurox has a spectacular aura about
It appears that you're in Maryland. I really like that color. Were you pleased with the result, and what shop did you use if so? Also what was the cost, if you don't mind me asking.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:16 PM
ZakAttack is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
My car is back to white now but here is some pics when I wrapped mine with Avery gloss grey which is similar to chalk color.
Wow looks amazing. Which rear bumper and diffuser is that?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car Wrap Color in OEM Porsche Color