AWE Switchpath did not fit into my cats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 07:26 PM
stune is an unknown quantity at this point
AWE Switchpath did not fit into my cats

Long story short I bought a brand new AWE SwitchPath PSE no tips for a 991C2S from TAG Motorsports and I had a professional shop install it for me.

Unfortunately, the x pipe did not fit into my cats and it was a quarter inch off - which is very frustrating I paid 2 grand for something that didn't fit.

Video of technicians trying to fit x pipe into OEM cats they were clearly struggling to fit it in.

At this point, I decided to get it welded by the shop to fit my cats for various reasons but mainly to get this resolved immediately. I did not want to deal with the alternative of putting the OEM exhaust back on and waiting for them to ship the new product and redo this whole process while incurring tons of labor costs but most importantly my time which I value more.

new weld is shown in red

Now here is the kicker. I've sent these pictures to AWE Tuning and spoke to support on several occasions and asked to get labor reimbursed.

They kept on insisting that their products will fit and says there is nothing they can do and gave me the run around like parts sent from a dealer may be wrong or my cats may have been modified etc. After a week of back and forth of gathering sales order number from the dealer and investigation. I get this formal email from them.

Thank you for filling out the form and supplying us with the pictures.

You do have the correct product for your application.

Based on the pictures you sent, we do not see any indication that there would have been a fitment issue.

As I have previously explained, none of our warranties cover labor of any kind.

Unfortunately, modifying the system does void any warranty now and in the future.

This support ticket is considered closed.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you

In hindsight, I should have just returned the product and bought another brand. For what it's worth I hope you guys have a better experience with this company.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:26 PM
2010Panny4S will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by stune
Long story short I bought a brand new AWE SwitchPath PSE no tips for a 991C2S from TAG Motorsports and I had a professional shop install it for me.

Unfortunately, the x pipe did not fit into my cats and it was a quarter inch off - which is very frustrating I paid 2 grand for something that didn't fit.

Video of technicians trying to fit x pipe into OEM cats they were clearly struggling to fit it in.

At this point, I decided to get it welded by the shop to fit my cats for various reasons but mainly to get this resolved immediately. I did not want to deal with the alternative of putting the OEM exhaust back on and waiting for them to ship the new product and redo this whole process while incurring tons of labor costs but most importantly my time which I value more.

new weld is shown in red

Now here is the kicker. I've sent these pictures to AWE Tuning and spoke to support on several occasions and asked to get labor reimbursed.

They kept on insisting that their products will fit and says there is nothing they can do and gave me the run around like parts sent from a dealer may be wrong or my cats may have been modified etc. After a week of back and forth of gathering sales order number from the dealer and investigation. I get this formal email from them.

In hindsight, I should have just returned the product and bought another brand. For what it's worth I hope you guys have a better experience with this company.
I would have just returned the product and/or have them send you one that fit as advertised or got money back- kept product unmodified and placed back into its box. The minute you decided to weld it on your vehicle that pretty much lost your warranty or ability for you to return or money refunded for incurred costs of labor. I had AWE on my Panamera before, loved that exhaust and got nothing but compliments from the sound it made on the panny. The techs at the dealerships always asked what exhaust it was and whether the car was modified more due to the sounds.

Old 12-11-2018, 02:20 PM
C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !C4Sbeebe Is a GOD !
is it just me or does anyone else feel that craftsmanship looks a bit shoddy on the AWE piece? that doesn't look like the normal quality of most exhaust manufacturers.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by 2010Panny4S
I would have just returned the product and/or have them send you one that fit as advertised or got money back- kept product unmodified and placed back into its box. The minute you decided to weld it on your vehicle that pretty much lost your warranty or ability for you to return or money refunded for incurred costs of labor. I had AWE on my Panamera before, loved that exhaust and got nothing but compliments from the sound it made on the panny. The techs at the dealerships always asked what exhaust it was and whether the car was modified more due to the sounds.
I certainly could have done that but decided against it for the reasons I've mentioned. Glad you loved your exhaust. I just wanted to share this with folks and let them make their own conclusions.

Old 12-14-2018, 06:02 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
I hate to read stories like these. I recently bought a pair of high-flow cats from Soul Performance, which is a company that would never let that happen, ever. They are very active on Rennlist and answer questions, address issues, etc. so if someone is looking for a company that is there after the sale try them. My installer had a question and they talked during the job, and they said to call 24/7 if something else came up.

Old 12-17-2018, 04:08 PM
I have the same post in Rennlist and Soul came up as well
I had a minor fitment issue with a Soul Cat. The shop was able to use a simple spreader to get it in line without any need for welding. Soul contacted me and offered to reimburse me for the labor. While I didnt accept as it was probably about $50 extra or so, I felt the gesture spoke volumes about the company and their reputation.

Old 12-17-2018, 04:44 PM
Bob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really niceBob Z. is just really nice
That was an issue with the older/first model of the cats that came out and they requested that all of their retailers send them back for the updated version and no one that has installed those have had problems...great company that really addresses an issue and does not blame it on the installer, etc.