Peekaboo 992, oh base and MT where are you

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 02:45 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Peekaboo 992, oh base and MT where are you

I get it, and I'll try to resist criticizing Porsche for placing business interests over pure driving obsession. They delay the manual and base cars to sort of test your resolve. Porsche is in essence taunting us...saying "how badly do your really want a 3rd pedal" and "how long are you really going to resist shelling out another $10-15k for bigger brakes and larger turbos"? Long enough to wait while the first wave of 992s hit the pavement and start turning heads around town while you're relegated to your now ancient 991. LOL

I'm lucky enough to be on my third 911, and they have all been base, rear drive manuals. I'm sure the 'business' model is centered around the S with PDK, and if I were buying one outright, I'd likely splurge for an S. But its so hard to get near the limits of the base car on the road, that I have found the S to be somewhat superfluous depending on which generation you have and whether you're tracking it etc.

So basically, this new marketing strategy of only selling S models with PDK seems like Porsche force feeding us only the one meal they want us to eat. I can't resist - Porsche was founded on the notion of giving the customer what they want. This 992 product rollout seems contradictory to that fundamental tenet.

BTW, notice how there hasn't been a peep about the manual or base cars... No spy photos, no rumors etc... To quote GG, "the image becomes reality". If the automotive media doesn't follow these two key developments (MT and base car)... do they somehow become less important?? In today's world I say - yes. Fortunately I wasn't raised in today's world. I can wait for what is best for me. I can wait for a base car and wait for a manual, irregardless of 992 car **** on IG and the inevitable brand new cars getting pole position at local valet hotspots. LOL.

My 2 cents
DRP

Last edited by drspeed; 05-06-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:18 PM
AllBus is on a distinguished road
It’s like when the new chassis hits Main Street and it’s there in all her glory, everyone does NOTICE. That’s when the game changes and everyone is left to make the next move (@ the dealer)

Old 05-22-2019, 11:05 AM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Update:

A little birdie told me yesterday that the center console has to be redesigned for the manual....and that's the cause for the delay. The same birdie is saying manuals won't land on our shores until 2020.

DRP

Old 02-13-2022, 01:30 PM
FullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drspeed
Update:

A little birdie told me yesterday that the center console has to be redesigned for the manual....and that's the cause for the delay. The same birdie is saying manuals won't land on our shores until 2020.

DRP
.....or never.