993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

AMGfan 997 Porsche 993tt Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 05:56 AM
motorkas is on a distinguished road
Congrads Jon!!!!!!! I just saw the updated sig with the finished GTR and OH MY GOD (but then again, I expected nothing less). I truly can't believe you picked up a 993tt as I was just starting to toy around with the 993tt v GTR argument (hence the reason I'm in this subforum - it's mostly to find out what mods are commonly done- given the difference in tech - it wasn't going to be a "which car is better" - it was going to be more along the lines of "which car I'll never sell?" - love the fact you're only "tweeking" the 993tt - can't wait to hear (and see) more of it as you get to know her!!!!!! CONGRADS again - the 993tt has always been one of my dream cars

Last edited by motorkas; 04-09-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:50 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
That's a virtual clone of mine

Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold

This is such a perfect shot - Im so in love with it.
Great perspective. Enjoy the car - It looks great

Old 04-13-2012, 04:18 PM
AMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud of
The LM's came in yesterday and I had them put on this afternoon. I love them...the Fikse we are keeping as a spare set whenever I go on the track...plus we are going to paint the centers. Sorry for the terrible pics...cell phone. More pleasant and subtle changes starting May 1......can't wait!

Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
the new wheels are absolute sex. Such a nice looking car. Enjoy it and good luck. I love this car. Nice job.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:47 PM
machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !machinegunt Is a GOD !
Very nice!

Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 AM
AverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really niceAverageJoe is just really nice
Thumbs up

18" LMs...perfect wheels for that car

Old 04-18-2012, 09:43 PM
tgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the rough
LM's are the perfect addition to this car!!!

Looking forward to what's in store.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Former Vendor
Orbit Racing will become famous soon enoughOrbit Racing will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AMGGTRfan
The LM's came in yesterday and I had them put on this afternoon. I love them...the Fikse we are keeping as a spare set whenever I go on the track...plus we are going to paint the centers. Sorry for the terrible pics...cell phone. More pleasant and subtle changes starting May 1......can't wait!

Very nice !

Great looking car.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM
AMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud ofAMGGTRfan has much to be proud of
Just dropped off the 993tt for the build...looking @ probably 8 weeks for interior and interior to get done. Pretty excited on the freshened up look we are going for...clean and understated with a touch of personalization.

BEFORE pics...

Couple of cool pics of other projects in the shop...

Old 05-02-2012, 08:04 PM
carmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of lightcarmstrongLS1 is a glorious beacon of light
Very nice. Very nice. That is leather on top, suede in middle, leather on bottom? Correct? No carbon? If you find the genuine pieces it actually pays off at resale time. Not so true for the aftermarket. Though the genuine parts are hard to find and $$$ its all good. They are toys right?

Just curious, was the leather in bad shape?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by carmstrongLS1
Very nice. Very nice. That is leather on top, suede in middle, leather on bottom? Correct? No carbon? If you find the genuine pieces it actually pays off at resale time. Not so true for the aftermarket. Though the genuine parts are hard to find and $$$ its all good. They are toys right?

Just curious, was the leather in bad shape?
The seats were a little worn but not bad for a 15yr old car. I just wanted to get some softer leather in there with just a bit of distinction. The deviated stitching similar to Porsche Tequipment options. I like the alcantara seen in some GT3's so we wanted to try and get some in the car...mainly the headliner , A pillars, and a portion of the dash and doors.

I can't wait to get the seats done with the newly painted seat backs in exterior body color.

J

Old 05-08-2012, 09:40 PM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
Jon,

Your cars are always top notch! Can't wait to see what you are doing with the 993.

Old 06-07-2012, 06:43 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Very nice! Look forward to seeing this finished.
Where in FL are you?

Old 06-19-2012, 09:45 PM
LPI
LPI is a jewel in the roughLPI is a jewel in the roughLPI is a jewel in the roughLPI is a jewel in the rough
Beautiful ride.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AMGfan 997 Porsche 993tt Build