993 Turbo This community is about the last air cooled twin turbocharged Porsche 911. Model year 1996 - 1997. Also inclusive in this forum is talk on the final 182 Porsche 911 Turbos built in 1997 known as the Turbo S.

993TT Prices, How High Will They Go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:51 AM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
993TT Prices, How High Will They Go?

A little background from a long time lurker, first time poster, I distinctly remember attempting to goad my father into picking up a '70 Ferrari Daytona Spyder for $150k in the mid eighties (I was 12 or so and already a Dupont Registry subscriber). Not long after that the market went bananas. Every month I'd take my glossy new Dupont to him, point at the Daytona and say look dad, you could have $X if you had only listened to me. Right before the recession hit in the early 90s they were approaching $2MM at auction houses. Dad really loved hearing his teenager say "you could be retired if you had only listened to me!". Lol.

Fast forward a few decades, I'm about the age my father was then and I'm finally in the position to acquire a seriously fun car. The kid in me wants a modded 997.1 to terrorize backroads but the adult in me is considering an investment quality car. So I'm asking: would you consider a low milage 993TT at already nearly $200k a good (or safe) long term hold? Obviously none of us can predict the future but I'm curious what the well informed have to say. Thanks!

Old 05-15-2015, 06:05 PM
sandyclinic is on a distinguished road
993 prices

I have got a high mileage 97 993tt... black/ black... not stock in a sense that I have lovely aftermarket muffler delete exhaust and a Dan Patrick chip... definitely a 10 foot car...in the shop now for oil change ... just replaced brakes .., NOT INVESTMENT QUALITY.,. but a head turner with an attitude ... looking to sell.. probably the cheapest in the US or world for that matter ... sandyclinic@aol.com

Old 06-04-2016, 08:34 AM
jusaur is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RaceDeck
I would not be surprised at this time next year they hit the $250k mark for the finer examples with lesser miles. I saw one similar to mine go for $185k a few months ago ( White with red interior and 23k miles)
Well. We are one year after. Your prediction was almost correct. Ciurrently a low mileage 993 tt is around 235-225 asking price.
Probably the selling price will be around low 200's.
Not a bad prediction.
My question:
How do you forecast next year?
Thanks

Old 06-19-2016, 11:06 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
I'm looking to sell my 97 993 Turbo with 29k miles, black on black. No accident car. Located in SoCal. PM me if interested.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:39 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Originally Posted by NBoost
A little background from a long time lurker, first time poster, I distinctly remember attempting to goad my father into picking up a '70 Ferrari Daytona Spyder for $150k in the mid eighties (I was 12 or so and already a Dupont Registry subscriber). Not long after that the market went bananas. Every month I'd take my glossy new Dupont to him, point at the Daytona and say look dad, you could have $X if you had only listened to me. Right before the recession hit in the early 90s they were approaching $2MM at auction houses. Dad really loved hearing his teenager say "you could be retired if you had only listened to me!". Lol.

Fast forward a few decades, I'm about the age my father was then and I'm finally in the position to acquire a seriously fun car. The kid in me wants a modded 997.1 to terrorize backroads but the adult in me is considering an investment quality car. So I'm asking: would you consider a low milage 993TT at already nearly $200k a good (or safe) long term hold? Obviously none of us can predict the future but I'm curious what the well informed have to say. Thanks!
Thiese cars are great investments
last of the air cooled and pinnacle of development.
Elliot

Old 07-21-2016, 10:08 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
I'm planning to sell my 993TT. Midnight blue, gray interior, turning 80k, excellent condition, always serviced at the original dealer or the local 40 year air cooled Indy shop, always a Colorado car. I'm ether the third or fourth owner. Deciding between eBay, Craigslist, or Bring a Trailer.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:31 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
Hey guys, haven't checked in on this thread in a while. Thanks for all your opinions. I ended up buying a 997TT last summer, love that car, atlas with full natural brown. I also just decided a 964 Turbo 3.6 is a superior alternative to the stock market. It's a 17k mile 2 owner PTS car. I didn't get a deal on it by any means but I feel great about it as a 5-10 year hold. Keeping the miles off is going to be a challenge! I'd still love to have a 993TT but the classic look (and low production numbers) of the 964 car won the day.

Last edited by NBoost; 07-21-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 02:51 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
Hey guys, haven't checked in on this thread in a while. Thanks for all your opinions. I ended up buying a 997TT last summer, love that car, atlas with full natural brown. I also just decided a 964 Turbo 3.6 is a superior alternative to the stock market. It's a 17k mile 2 owner PTS car. I didn't get a deal on it by any means but I feel great about it as a 5-10 year hold. Keeping the miles off is going to be a challenge! I'd still love to have a 993TT but the classic look (and low production numbers) of the 964 car won the day.
how much is the 964 and what's the color ?

Old 07-22-2016, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
The color is in my sig, I'd rather not post numbers on the boards but I will admit to paying a small premium over current market prices for PTS, condition, and history.

Old 07-22-2016, 07:13 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Probably a great investment. My Indy mechanic said be careful because parts on the 964TT are hard to come by. He said there were so few 964TT made and that there are parts that only specifically fit the 964TT. Just a recommendation, talk with an Indy shop and find out what parts are unique and hoard 'em!

I almost bought a 977TT. Awesome cars. Mezger and a manual. Did you get an '09?

Old 07-22-2016, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
Originally Posted by DoninDEN
Probably a great investment. My Indy mechanic said be careful because parts on the 964TT are hard to come by. He said there were so few 964TT made and that there are parts that only specifically fit the 964TT. Just a recommendation, talk with an Indy shop and find out what parts are unique and hoard 'em!

I almost bought a 977TT. Awesome cars. Mezger and a manual. Did you get an '09?
No, I found a loaded '08 with 11k miles, leather everything, PCCB, alcantara headliner, etc...

Interesting suggestion on the 964 parts scarcity, that hadn't occurred to me but I don't doubt its veracity.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Spoil, wow, that is a blue chip car. You might want to peruse the Aug auction previews and see if Gooding, Bonhams, or RM Sotheby's are sending similar cars to the block. If so you might want to wait and see if a new high mark is set before listing it, jmo. GLWS, love that it's a Florida car--no bumper plugs!

Old 07-23-2016, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by spoil
That would be the smart thing to do, but Im ready o part it it. If i think about it much ill prob change my mind. Wanna sell your 3.6?
Not yet, it hasn't even been delivered yet

Old 07-23-2016, 07:11 PM
Which dealer did you get it from? I'm thinking RPM

Canepa

http://inventory.mgmsl.com/web/used/...Ohio/27995612/

If you want a 3.6 I'd take a good look at that^ one, just make sure the ppi includes a paint meter. The carfax is clean and it's about 20k under Hagerty blue book (assuming it's as clean as advertised).

Old 07-23-2016, 07:20 PM
Canepa MGBSL = potential screwing and extremely difficult to get the to send the car to dealers for PPI. That 3.6 has lots of paint work.
That makes sense, asking would probably be $315k or so if it was pristine. This stuff would be so much more fun if the dealers just disclosed "yeah, some paint work hence the asking price..."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 993TT Prices, How High Will They Go?