993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

Restoration of 1994 993

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 01:37 PM
tshawa is infamous around these parts
Restoration of 1994 993

Hi everyone, this is my new 993. It is a 94 model that I picked up back in December 07. Have been restoring it since then. The list is too long to mention all the parts replaced, but the gearbox was fully rebuilt, engine fully overhauled, all body was stripped down and repainted, glass replaced, all rubbers and trims replaced, etc.... It was a long haul, but it finally looks exactly as I wanted it to. Hope you all like it.

The first set of pics is pre restoration, and the second set is post restoration.

Attached Images      
Old 04-19-2008, 01:52 PM
Restoration of 1994 993

Here are a few more post restoration pics....

Attached Images      
Old 04-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Restoration of 1994 993

And a few more....

Attached Images      
Old 04-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Chewbacca is infamous around these parts
That is just superb

Fantastic job, my favourite colour, and on my hit list to add to my new m3 and merc...

Great job

Old 04-19-2008, 02:36 PM
Thanks Chewbacca. Make sure you post some pics of your cars, when they are painted....

Old 04-19-2008, 09:55 PM
Juha is infamous around these parts
Wow!! That's just impeccable!!
I love the photos too, very artistic!

Make sure to post these on the 993 forum on rennlist, I know folks there will love your car!

Any interior shots?

regards,

Juha

Old 04-19-2008, 11:50 PM
Thanks Juha, I will get to Rennlist later today... As for interior shots, I do have a few. No major mods there, just some aluminum bezels, pedal covers, shifter insert, sills, and a few bits and pieces here and there, will post the pics later today as well.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
What did you do? The car looked flawless in the first pics.

Great looking 993!! 2nd on the interior shots.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Hey Stealth, thanks for the compliment. Believe me, it looked good from far, but was far from good!!! The paint job was horrible, with bubbles and ripples everywhere (the light color hid it well). There was rust building all around the front and rear windshield, as the previous owner replaced the glass with a cheap copy and didnt seal it properly (used regular silicone inside and out), the gear box had three gears (2nd, 3rd and 6th) with broken teeth. A lot of underbody protection parts missing or broken. The list goes on and on. Also, I took this project full fledged as I plan on keeping this car for a while, so no expense was spared, and all parts that needed replacement were replaced (even if not damaged, just looked bad or worn). I am sure some of you will think that is a waste of money and time, but to me it is a great investment, as this car looks insane now, and it will last for many years to come (trouble free) I hope.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Interior Shots

Here are a few interior shots that I have. Need to take a few more come to think of it. These are all pre-restoration interior pics. Have not done anything major to the interior till now (aluminum bezels, shift **** insert, pedal covers, handbrake cup, replaced tape holder to cup holder, horn crest, etc..) , but have some plans to re-upholster the whole thing again (just not right now).

Attached Images     
Old 04-20-2008, 12:40 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Beautiful car. Great photos!

Old 04-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Beautiful car. Great photos!
Thanks a lot....

Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Very nice!! I like it and think that it was well worth going through it like that.

Small things that I didn't like! The turbo script on the glovebox and the radio mount that doesn't look right. Interior looks like it was painted as well so it's going to be a hassle trying to make everything look right.

All the best and mabrook, ya36eek 5airha ow yakfeek sharha.

Old 04-21-2008, 04:20 AM
Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Very nice!! I like it and think that it was well worth going through it like that.

Small things that I didn't like! The turbo script on the glovebox and the radio mount that doesn't look right. Interior looks like it was painted as well so it's going to be a hassle trying to make everything look right.

All the best and mabrook, ya36eek 5airha ow yakfeek sharha.
Thank you Khalid. The turbo script is horrendous, but the problem is that all the people I asked to remove it for me, refused saying they cannot guarantee that the leather behind it will not come off with the sticker. For now it stays, cause I would rather a turbo script, than a huge rip in the leather on the dash.

Parts of the interior have been painted by previous owner, and I found this out when I took it for detailing, as the chemicals they were using to clean with took some paint off the a/c vents. I have not touched the interior in terms of seats or dash materials (only little extras here and there like bezels and shift **** insert and pedals). Next project is to restore all interior to make brand new again, but to be honest it will have to wait, cause I am having too much fun driving it these days. I bought it and had it for only a week before I started the resto project which lasted about 4 months! I need some time with it now, and maybe during summer (in the unbearable heat) I will take it in for the interior work.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:07 AM
bill930p is infamous around these parts
Are you sure that's a 1994 car? Looks like a 96 or newer to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Restoration of 1994 993