993 Last generation normally aspirated aircooled Porsche 911. Community includes the C2, C2s, C4, Targa, C4s and cabriolet discussion.

GP Automotive Renewal Service: 993S - Phase 3, Clear Bra, and Nano Coating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up GP Automotive Renewal Service: 993S - Phase 3, Clear Bra, and Nano Coating

It's not unusual for us to get a phone call from a potential client that has been following us here on the forum for a few years. For whatever reason, the stars align and we have the privilege and opportunity to work on their prized vehicle. I had an email dialogue with the owner of this beautiful 993 S back in the summer of 2013. Fast-forward to March 2014 and next thing I know, this 911 arrives at my studio late evening after hours.

Our plan originally was to perform a Detoxification service, our Phase 3, and R&R of the existing clear bra. As I tell my clients, your car ultimately decides what it needs. This 911 had amazing potential. Low miles, well cared for, value increasing everyday...it was time to really turn back the clock and bring her to a condition worthy of the Porsche Museum. We opted to do an advanced paint correction and protect everything with a nano coating. This is what we consider a Restoration Renewal Service. The goal of this level of work is to turn back the time without making any changes to the vehicle. We work with what we have and simply enhance everything using product and labor. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did.

Phase 3, Detox, Service:

Paint and glass surfaces decontaminated

Close up of paint imperfections

Back to Renewal Service

Common issue on 993...weather strip gets unglued. So we repaired it properly

Surface ready for nano coating

Nano coating flashing

Nano coating complete

Accordion cleaned and conditioned

Wheels waxed and tires cleaned and conditioned

Old 07-23-2014, 07:43 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Glass surfaces and trim cleaned and protected

Clear bra removal and re-installation

You now can get an idea of how white this 911 should be. Front portion of where there use to be clear bra, next to bare paint

This was our advanced clear bra installation. We touch up paint chips

We have a system of removing and cataloging everything. No spare parts Helps when you specialize in Porsches

All panels we done in bulk and hand-cut by skilled installer. Assures seamless and flawless installation

Final Result

Old 07-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Tony Air C2S is on a distinguished road
Moe, Thanks for the documentation of the entire process. After saving to have the full treatment done to the car, it's nice to have the pictures to pass along to the next owner if I ever decide to sell. I'm trying my best to preserve your work.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:19 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Mo, been following you for years and it's been amazing watching your business progress. This is simply amazing!

Old 09-16-2014, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That turned out amazing Moe

Old 10-26-2014, 01:29 AM
Doc_Porsche will become famous soon enoughDoc_Porsche will become famous soon enough
Absolutely gorgeous