996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone go from GT700 to GT800 or more?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 04:01 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I had the EVOMS clutch and my clutch started slipping, thus I upgraded to the ATS tripple clutch per Todd's recommendation. I hope I dont get ****t for saying this again but when I had my car back for that short 2 weeks, those GT35s felt GREAT!!! I dont know why so many people talk about lag. Remember, I posted that Dyno of my engine and the curve was 200 rpms off the EVOMS GT700 dyno chart. However, my dyno chart was on low boost and the motor felt incredible but it did have the additional displacement of the 3.8 kit. Hopefully, my car should run even better since I am going with Scotts's head build and cams!! I am praying to have in back and dynoed in early November. When it is back, I will happily give a full account to anyone who is interested in this cars build.
Sincerely
Robert

Old 10-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Looking forward to the finished product, Rob.

Now waiting for Renntech.....3,2,1...

Old 10-14-2007, 10:17 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
I think were going to have a lot of participation this coming march Texas Mile. I know ill be in.

S

Old 10-14-2007, 11:14 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I'm in!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:58 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I was there this year, but without a car LOL!!! But it was nice meeting Alex, a really nice man and nothing like what many people betray him to be like. Also, got to see the EVOMS car as well as the famous Eddie! I agree, I think next year will be even better, March is a great month in Texas, the weather is around 60 to 70 degrees so the times might be better!
Robert

Old 10-15-2007, 07:38 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
I was there this year, but without a car LOL!!! But it was nice meeting Alex, a really nice man and nothing like what many people betray him to be like. Also, got to see the EVOMS car as well as the famous Eddie! I agree, I think next year will be even better, March is a great month in Texas, the weather is around 60 to 70 degrees so the times might be better!
Robert
I believe there will be an all out assault of 996 turbos trying to crack 200 mph!

Hopefully me included!

Old 10-15-2007, 01:25 PM
$w!ft is on a distinguished road
4.0L setup with GT 30's would be the best combination then? not too much lag but good power?

Old 10-15-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by $w!ft
4.0L setup with GT 30's would be the best combination then? not too much lag but good power?
Hmmm I think you need a built motor with large turbos. This is a high horspower event and I dont think the smaller turbos would benifit you as much as the larger turbos would. I think from this forum, the best car would be Marski. He has GT35 turbos, built bottom end and ofcourse those magical GT3 Cup heads and cams!! In theory, he could rev much higher than anyone except maybe the new UMW? The fastest car there (a supra with a HUGE single Turbo) probably had the slowest 1/8 time! Then there are so many other factors, such as gearing, aerodynamics etc....
Cheers
Robert

Old 10-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
The fastest car there (a supra with a HUGE single Turbo) probably had the slowest 1/8 time! Then there are so many other factors, such as gearing, aerodynamics etc....
Cheers
Robert
The advantage of a shop/owner car is that you can make changes and experiment all you want... someone like I cannot.

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 10-19-2007, 06:51 AM
I can't wait for the Texas Mile, there will definately be a 200 mph twin turbo!

Old 10-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Remember the rules for those who will try to break the 200 mph barrier.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:35 AM
Rob what do I need rollcage, fire extinguisher, anything else?

Old 10-20-2007, 09:41 AM
SAFETY and OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR UNLIMITED:
You must meet the requirments for STREET SPEED TRIALS AND the below ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. You must fill out a high-speed driving experience form, submit it to the Texas Mile and gain approval to enter in an unlimited class.
2. You must submit a safety equipment check-list to the Texas Mile (with the experience form) and gain approval to enter in an unlimited class.
3. ROLL BAR/CAGE: Some exceptions might be made for factory roll protection and/or 4 point roll hoop based on car manufacturer, experience of driver, projected top speed and special waivers signed. Mostly a 6 point roll cage will be required and must meet drag racing specifications or road racing specifications as outlined in the NASA CCR.
4. DRIVER RESTRAINT SYSTEM - as described in NASA CCR for harnesses and arm restraints.
5. Tires - treaded DOT tires rated for high speeds (example: ZR rating)
6. DRIVER ATTIRE: Suit, Gloves, Shoes, Helmet, etc. See the driver attire link for more details.

I hope this helps
Robert

Old 10-20-2007, 09:56 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Five point harnesses. fire suit. New Helmet. (in addition to what you mentioned BG.

MK