996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

A new 996tt exhaust option from UMW...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 10:33 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Ya i was curious about that... The dry revs (Kevin's car) seems to sound much different than the fly-bys i shot (MidnightTT's car). Any ideas Kev? Jeff? Kevin, are the fly-bys we shot what you were thinking it would sound like?
It sounds very much like my RUF 590 exhaust, very mechanical/free and fast revving, I think i hear some LWFW chatter too, that can attribute to its revs but overall it sounds great! More info

Old 12-25-2007, 10:46 PM
MidnighTT is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Ya i was curious about that... The dry revs (Kevin's car) seems to sound much different than the fly-bys i shot (MidnightTT's car). Any ideas Kev? Jeff? Kevin, are the fly-bys we shot what you were thinking it would sound like?
The fly-bys were hurt by me being late on the gas, so the camera mic didn't catch the best part of the sound. Maybe we can try again later in the week. Right now the car has no turbos installed (they're sold), and I'm waiting on a pair of stock exhaust manifolds that Kevin sent late last week to replace my ported manifolds (also sold).

Since the exhaust is off the car, I'll shine it up and shoot more pics.

Jeff

Old 12-25-2007, 11:09 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
The fly-bys were hurt by me being late on the gas, so the camera mic didn't catch the best part of the sound. Maybe we can try again later in the week. Right now the car has no turbos installed (they're sold), and I'm waiting on a pair of stock exhaust manifolds that Kevin sent late last week to replace my ported manifolds (also sold).

Since the exhaust is off the car, I'll shine it up and shoot more pics.

Jeff
Sounds good! Let me know if you wanna shoot some more! If we shoot again we can compare dry revs as well. Merry Christmas guys!

Old 12-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like a very nice piece. I'm guessing quality is top notch if coming from Kevin. If I was in the market and was considering buying this UMW exhaust, I would inquire with Kevin about double walling the tips.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:11 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Any more info on this setup? What turbo setup it has? LWFW? Seems to sound very differen then the normal turbo exhaust, rev's fast too!

Old 12-28-2007, 05:50 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
does anybody actually have CMG setup on their car does it drone ?

Old 12-28-2007, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Any more info on this setup? What turbo setup it has? LWFW? Seems to sound very differen then the normal turbo exhaust, rev's fast too!
The fly-by is my car, which has UMW Stage 2 zero clearance turbos 'n' tune and headers ported by me. Everything else is stock, including the air box, air filter, and clutch. The turbos and headers are now sold and shipped, and my UMW exhaust is spoken for.

Jeff

Old 12-28-2007, 11:52 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RichardCH
does anybody actually have CMG setup on their car does it drone ?
First off, all systems drone. If your ears are sensitive enough the stock exhaust drones, its all subjective. Second are you referring to GMG's exhaust? If you are, for most, no their WC-GT system does not drone. It's quite the amazing system.

Old 12-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by MidnighTT
The fly-by is my car, which has UMW Stage 2 zero clearance turbos 'n' tune and headers ported by me. Everything else is stock, including the air box, air filter, and clutch. The turbos and headers are now sold and shipped, and my UMW exhaust is spoken for.

Jeff
Ahh thanks Jeff, what about the one revving at idle? Kevin at UMW's car?

Old 12-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Yes, that one is Kevin's car, and IIRC that is the 4-muffler configuration.

Jeff

Old 12-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Martin, Kevin's car is a UMW stage III, and as Jeff stated has the 4 muffler system. They are identical systems just different sets up.