996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

OEM Shifter problems....me or "it"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 05:41 PM
sdorn is on a distinguished road
Why do you care so much if I get a SSK? Do you sell them or something?

The data in the thread on here is statistically useless. You can't verify any of it. You can't isolate other variables that may have caused the problem. You have no idea what part of the total population actually installs SSKs or what part of the population even has the popout issue. You just don't have enough information to make any conclusions, at all.

Now that we have completely hijacked this thread for no good reason, I am done. I am not going to argue about this anymore. You are just wrong.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:30 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Statistics aside....there have been threads that I've read either here or on other fourms that suggest that Porsche may elect to raise the issue of a non-Porsche part in the event the tranny fails and you have an aftermarket part installed. As it was explained to me....Porsche or the dealerships must show some relevance or nexus between the aftermarket part andthe failure. I am also informed that B and M actually makes the Porsche SSK part....so it may not be a point of contention if you have a transmission failure while using say a B and M SSK.

I guess the bottom line remains that should you elect to use an aftermarket SSK or a plenum or some other doo-dad....you run the risk of creating an adversarial relationship between yourself and the dealer or Porsche...IF THEY WANT TO RAISE the issue.

So....taking from one of my favorite lines from Dirty Harry....Do you feel lucky today? Do you want to go for it????

Old 11-16-2007, 09:14 PM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sdorn
Why do you care so much if I get a SSK? Do you sell them or something?
actually I could care less...the reason I posted is because of the potential misinformation that you posted.

The data in the thread on here is statistically useless.
So may I ask what you actually know about statistics? No data is useless...what is useless is NO data (which is what you have presented).
The You can't verify any of it.
Agreed. I am at the mercy of another survey.
The You can't isolate other variables that may have caused the problem.
Again you show your statistical ignorance...I am not suggesting causation...simply correlation or lack there of.
You have no idea what part of the total population actually installs SSKs or what part of the population even has the popout issue. You just don't have enough information to make any conclusions, at all.
And the data you presented? I did not claim that the SSK was going to increase the chances of a second gear pop-out...you did.

The Now that we have completely hijacked this thread for no good reason, I am done. I am not going to argue about this anymore. You are just wrong.
One thing is clear...you have no idea what you are talking about.