996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

UMW Stg2

Old 11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
UMW Stg2

I have the following: Stg2 Turbos, 5 Bar FPR, DV's, RWD Conversion, New Plugs and a Stg2 Tune

My 1st impresions are.......

I drove the car for around 25 miles on the new setup/tune, my 1st impression is TORQUE. You can feel the tq wanting to pull at any speed. Punching the car at a 45mph roll in 2nd gear cuts the rears loose. Spools up very fast, very nice and smooth power. It pulls very hard thru 4 gears, very nice power delivery.

Didn't do much more than that since it was so dark, I am not much of an aggressive driver on dark highways. I will give you more updates within the next couple of days

I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for nice, clean, delivery of power for around $10k, very hard to beat IMO
Looks like a winner

Christian

Old 11-13-2007, 03:01 AM
MGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to beholdMGS996TT is a splendid one to behold
Look forward to your updates.....currently giving consideration re UMW Stage 2 ZC. Recently purchased a LWFW/Sachs clutch package from Kevin, will install in a few weeks time. Christian did you also purchase the race gas file ?

Cheers, Mark

Old 11-13-2007, 05:25 AM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
No race gas file, I plan on do that though

Christian

Old 11-13-2007, 05:53 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Christian, sounds like an awesome setup. Did you get the zero clearance option? Also, are yours k16/24 or the k24/26's?

Are you currently running the stock clutch?

Old 11-13-2007, 06:01 AM
I have the k16/24, stock clutch for now

Christian

Old 11-13-2007, 09:53 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Nice package...you will need a new clutch soon. Have fun, stay safe.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I've been running the UMW Stage II ZC (k16/24) for almost a year now ... and I'm still on my stock clutch ... its also a DD ... so far so good ...

Or maybe I just drive like a gramma ...

Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
I've been running the UMW Stage II ZC (k16/24) for almost a year now ... and I'm still on my stock clutch ... its also a DD ... so far so good ...

Or maybe I just drive like a gramma ...
Uh, I think its your driving style. I have a stock clutch that was put in a year ago. Two months ago the UMW flash alone started making the clutch slip.

What are the changes between K24/26 and K16/24? Both having ZC? Glad the car is running great.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:54 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Congrats & enjoy! Kevin is a class act..I was going for Stage 2, then decided to go to stage 4...It should be ready shortly ....tom

Old 11-13-2007, 12:02 PM
AG996LV is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info, I am thinking of doing the same package in the near future. Still need an exhaust system next, though.

Old 11-13-2007, 02:47 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Sounds like a very nice package!!

Enjoy it at redline occasionally!

Marty

Old 11-13-2007, 03:35 PM
GonePostal is on a distinguished road
This sounds like a good package. What's included? I'm debating on my next upgrade.

Kane

Old 11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
sdorn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Christian
I have the following: Stg2 Turbos, 5 Bar FPR, DV's, RWD Conversion, New Plugs and a Stg2 Tune

My 1st impresions are.......

I drove the car for around 25 miles on the new setup/tune, my 1st impression is TORQUE. You can feel the tq wanting to pull at any speed. Punching the car at a 45mph roll in 2nd gear cuts the rears loose. Spools up very fast, very nice and smooth power. It pulls very hard thru 4 gears, very nice power delivery.

Didn't do much more than that since it was so dark, I am not much of an aggressive driver on dark highways. I will give you more updates within the next couple of days

I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for nice, clean, delivery of power for around $10k, very hard to beat IMO
Looks like a winner

Christian
Did you ship your car out there or have the install done locally? Does the $10k include the shipping/installation/etc. or just the cost of the parts?

Old 11-13-2007, 03:45 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Sounds great what is the estimated power?

Old 11-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by buddyg
Sounds great what is the estimated power?
I think KPG has posted the hp/tq thingy when he had this Stage II ZC ...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: UMW Stg2