996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

need brake pad advice...

Old 11-17-2007, 08:52 AM
x50mark is on a distinguished road
need brake pad advice...

i'm still very new on the board and haven't been able to find much info on what dust free (or nearly so) brake pads might be available for my car. i purchased a set of HRE wheels a couple of weeks ago and the brake dust i'm getting from the OEM pads is ridiculous.

i use mintex reds on my bmw and akebono ceramic pads on the range rover.

any suggestions? and where would you recommend i shop for them?

thanks!!!

mark

Old 11-17-2007, 09:56 AM
DynamicMotoring is on a distinguished road
Ive used Hawk and Mintex for different applications. Both are good choices. As far as buying them locally or online, not sure.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:01 AM
nycsurfer is on a distinguished road
Highly recommand Ferodo DS 2500 for aggressive stree/autoX driving ,I have been using it for years and very satisfied

Old 11-17-2007, 10:25 AM
FlyYellow will become famous soon enoughFlyYellow will become famous soon enough
who carries the Ferodo DS 2500. how do you rate them on noise & dust?

i've been looking at the Hawk (HPS, HP Plus) & EBC (greenstuff, redstuff). My main goal is the best brakes i can get that greatly reduce dust and have minimal noise.

cheers,
boris

Old 11-17-2007, 10:42 AM
DERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of lightDERBOOST is a glorious beacon of light
I use Porterfield R4S, good stopping with little dust. Seem to be OK on the rotors too. I have them on my 2 M3's and my Rover and they work great.

Old 11-17-2007, 01:27 PM
phaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond reputephaphaphooey has a reputation beyond repute
I have had good fortune with the EBC redstuff. Much lower dust while still providing great stopping power.

Old 11-17-2007, 07:21 PM
superchicken is on a distinguished road
Have had good experience with Porterfield R4S for street and recreational track use on Ferrari and Pantera. I would not call them really low dust pads though. Hawk Black has good braking feel but lots of dust.