996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

2005 Turbo S Cab - pricing question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Topless TTS is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jagsiva
When i was shopping for my TTS coupe, in the summer, most of the cabs I saw with that kind of mileage, from Porsche dealerships were in the 100-110K range. From what I have seen, mods don't generraly add to the value, but i would think this depends largly on the preferences of the buyer.

You do get a number of things with the 05 TTS that you don't with an 03/04 -- a new car and likley a manufacturer's warranty, a full-leather interior - dash, roof etc. (i did not think this was a big deal, until i recently sat in an 02 C4S with the standard interior), PCCB brakes (awsome), more power, K24 turbos, GT2 ICs, heavier clutch, short shifter, and mixed reports on upgraded transmission and exhaust.

The negatives are - more expensive, and i have also read reports that the K24s lag a little more than K16s - but nothing a flash/exhaust can't fix.

Agree with above except short shifter was not standard with "S".

This sounds like a great deal as eveyone has mentioned. You obviously want to have a reputable place do a PPI and always personally inspect the car prior to long distance purchase. Either seller needs a quick sell or there may be something yet to disclose about condition, etc. If otherwise all is good, this is one to jump on.

Best of luck...these are fabulous cars, you will not be disappointed.

Old 11-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Brutish is on a distinguished road
I am really lucky that the car happens to be quite near me and is in fabulous condition. Luckily I am going to get to go meet with the mechanic from Porsche who works on it, as well as the mechanic who did all the mods. You have all convinced me on this one. Thanks to this wonderful community for all the support and input. I will post pictures as soon as I get it!

Old 12-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Brutish is on a distinguished road
Alright everyone - I did it! Just picked her up today, and I'm mighty impressed so far. I am going to have a lot of questions, but for now the first order of business is to get some photos up! Thanks for all the support from the community here - I feel really good about the decision.

Last edited by Brutish; 12-05-2007 at 11:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:20 PM
jay_ftw will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Brutish
Alright everyone - I did it! Just picked her up today, and I'm might impressed so far. I am going to have a lot of questions, but for now the first order of business is to get some photos up! Thanks for all the support from the community here - I feel really good about the decision.
Congrats, and welcome to the 6!

Old 12-06-2007, 03:42 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Brutish
Alright everyone - I did it! Just picked her up today, and I'm mighty impressed so far. I am going to have a lot of questions, but for now the first order of business is to get some photos up! Thanks for all the support from the community here - I feel really good about the decision.
Congratulation, join the PCA Turbo registry and make sure you come to the next OC Speed Challenge so we can see just how fast a 700HP Turbo S Cab really is.....