996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 on Ebay $89,900

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:51 PM
chicagomotorcars will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by topgun
WOW!! these Guy's should be ashamed of themselves , I would never purchase from these Guy's!! Thier no better than Eddie Bello
I JUST TALKED TO GEOFF AND INFORMED HIM THE CAR IS NO LONGER FOR SALE. I APOLIGIZE ON HIS BEHALF FOR NOT TELLING THE TRUTH TO YOU ABOUT THE CAR. I HAVE A REPUTATION TO HOLD ON THIS FORUM. I DONT WANT TO RUIN IT OVER 1 CAR. AGAIN THE CAR IS NO LONGER FOR SALE TO THE PUBLIC.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:13 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by chicagomotorcars
My Sales Staff Are Fools To State That, But Anyways As I Mentioned Earlier The Car Is No Longer For Sale. I Have Disclosed The Truth To The Car. Go Ahead And Keep Wasting Ur Time Conversing About This Vehicle As You Wish.

The Car Is On Its Way To The Auto Auction.
Excellent response

Old 12-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Tipo815 will become famous soon enoughTipo815 will become famous soon enough
I hate to say it Parin but you brought this onto yourself. You should know that the internet is a powerful tool that can just as easily make you famous as it can place you under a bus.

I think the problem is that once you acknowledged the damage history and stated that it "was no longer for sale to the public" you proceeded to put it back on Ebay two days later. Your staff further exacerbated the situation by recently misrepresenting the car. I think you were hoping that the fallout from this deal would be confined to this forum and would simply go away.

You - as the President of the dealership - have the sole responsibility to insure that your staff and your dealership are being forthright in their representations. Blaming your staff for not knowing better is a cop out. You can just as easily have sent out an email to them indicating the status of this car and saved yourself from any further embarassment.

Perhaps this one incident won't affect your business but then again - perhaps you lost a few new potential customers. There is no way to quantify it but hopefully you understand why some people are disappointed. You could have prevented this from going as far as it did.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:40 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tipo815
I hate to say it Parin but you brought this onto yourself. You should know that the internet is a powerful tool that can just as easily make you famous as it can place you under a bus.

I think the problem is that once you acknowledged the damage history and stated that it "was no longer for sale to the public" you proceeded to put it back on Ebay two days later. Your staff further exacerbated the situation by recently misrepresenting the car. I think you were hoping that the fallout from this deal would be confined to this forum and would simply go away.

You - as the President of the dealership - have the sole responsibility to insure that your staff and your dealership are being forthright in their representations. Blaming your staff for not knowing better is a cop out. You can just as easily have sent out an email to them indicating the status of this car and saved yourself from any further embarassment.

Perhaps this one incident won't affect your business but then again - perhaps you lost a few new potential customers. There is no way to quantify it but hopefully you understand why some people are disappointed. You could have prevented this from going as far as it did.

+100..
1-He should of informed his staff ASAP on the situation.
2-Admit there was a problem & TAKE CARE OF IT!.

This would have nipped it in the butt.You live by the internet & you die by it!..

Old 12-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
There's an old saying I like to quote ......a man never loses his integrity....he deliberately throws it away. Integrity isn't lost like a set of misplaced car keys...it's a process that usually involves a deliberate and positive action accompanied by some forethought.

Now...... if one were to use the vernacular of the street it would simply boil down to...... you f***ed up.

Old 12-20-2007, 06:01 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Your'e done!!!

Old 12-20-2007, 08:12 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bbywu
So I've always wanted a GT2. Think it's worth trading my 997 TT in for (I'd probably get a winter beater with the extra $ over.)

Any thoughts?
I just wanted to thank everyone from saving me from a big mistake.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:38 AM
lexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the roughlexpro is a jewel in the rough
This is by far the best car enthusiast site. No...the car enthusiast site with the most helpful members. Hat's off to you all...again.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:41 AM
orlando333 will become famous soon enough
Parin -- what has happened; you destroy all of your goodwill on one car How many p-cars have you sold to 6 members, including myself This does not make any sense

Old 12-21-2007, 09:04 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by lexpro
This is by far the best car enthusiast site. No...the car enthusiast site with the most helpful members. Hat's off to you all...again.
Completely agree. I would never by a high end used car without socializing it first through this forum. I would venure to say 6speed is better than carfax.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
Wow!!! I always see CMC's ads and always drooled at the fine examples... to bad it is now questionable.

Old 12-23-2007, 09:22 PM
porschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really niceporschedude996T is just really nice
I smell Toast!

Old 01-23-2008, 04:28 AM
930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all930chas is a name known to all
This car seems to be back up for sale....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...em130192525394

Old 01-23-2008, 05:16 AM
Minoclan is on a distinguished road
Name:  Aw ****.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  56.2 KB

Old 01-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Redridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud ofRedridge has much to be proud of
what a shame!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 on Ebay $89,900