996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT2 on Ebay $89,900

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 2pak
i sat back and watched this thread and as a dealer I didn't say anything because I don't belive in whistle blowing although the thing that really bothered me is this bull**** line.

You bought the car for 74,500 , not 83,500 so stop pretending like you're some martyr whose taking no profit on the car and making other car dealers look greedy. Wow, $15,000 profit on a car give me a break... that's what we call abnormal profits. This car was Frame Damage and was run in the Porsche Financial lane at West Palm (you dont steal cars from Porsche Financial at WPBA). Return it to the auction, haha., thats cute. How do you return a car for frame damage when it was run with with frame damage annoucement. It's pretty dangerous to be peddling frame dizzle Gt2 on 6 Speed when you know there's mad dealers on here.
WOW!

Old 12-16-2007, 12:49 AM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chicagomotorcars
That Is Correct, The Passenger A Piller Was Annouced And The Frame Damage Was Annouced, The Car Has Paint Work On The Passenger Side. The Car Will Be Ran At An Auction And Will Be Sold To The Highest Bidder. I Apoligize Our Buyer Failed To Tell Us This. He No Longer Works Here. I Did Drive The Car Today And The Car Drives Perfect. Porsche Passed It With Flying Colors And They Did See The Passenger Side Was Repainted. All The Panels On The Car Are Original. Make Me Believe It Was Either Cosmetic Or The Damage Was Near The Window And The Roof.

The Car Is No Longer For Sale To The Public.
I thought the car was no longer for sale to the public??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150192571140

Old 12-16-2007, 01:13 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Tipo815

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150192571140

public = pesky 6speeders..

Old 12-16-2007, 03:52 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tipo815

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=150192571140
Parin has seemed like a forthright seller and sponsor here for a long time. It seems there have been many people who have bought from him here on this site in the past with very positive feedback. So I want to give him the benefit of doubt. That being said, even if the damage was unknown previous to this thread, it is now well known and documented now, including the acknowlegement by the seller, Chicago Motor Cars. Seeing the car re-listed on E-bay without ANY mention of the NOW KNOWN damage, does make me suspicious and question why the damage is not CURRENTLY listed. Parin, as an a person who does appreciate your sponsorship of this site, please, save your reputation, know that the VIN on this car will be tracked anywhere it goes now, whether it be E=bay, Autotrader, in the showroom, or by another dealer. This VIN has been flagged by those that keep a close watch on Rare and desirable Porsche's and the GT2 certainly falls in this catagory. This is a very smart group of enthusiasts. Either make note of the damages in the discription of the E-bay auction, or take it off of the auction and give this car away at the price you paid with full disclosure simply to rid yourself of this car and the headache it is causing as it may do irreperable damage to your reputation as a seller of fine cars. Not just on this board but on enthusiast boards across the internet. It's a very small world with the aids of computers and you can bet that Ferrari, Lambo and other high end Car Enthusiast forums and websites hear about these types of transgressions. You've built a fine reputation and it's certainly not worth losing over one bad car deal, even if it was a bad deal on your part and someone pulled the wool over your eyes. Even if you lose a couple thousand and had to sell it for less than you paid, you'd make money on the restoration of your reputation in future business. I personally think you will do the right thing, good luck and let this be a lesson to all of us, even professionals can be fooled. But the strength of the internet makes it that much tougher to fool people.

To anyone who had information on this car but opted not to speak up, ESPECIALLY dealers...You are just as guilty in letting someone potentially purchase this "damaged" car. By adhering to some sort of "unwritten code" amongst dealers. By not speaking up, you could have jeopardized someone's life if this vehicle was unsafe (I'm not saying it is). "Whistle Blowers" keep everyone honest and should be commended and hopefully reap the rewards in future business as they become known as an honest dealer. Ofcourse, I suppose they are put between a rock and a hard place as a wholesaler will choose not to sell to a "Whistle Blower". Anonymous accounts could easily be used to disclose information without jeopardizing your integrity (or lack there of) amongst industry insiders if you're worried about the difficulties that may come as a result of being a "Whistle Blower".

I give serious accolades to those who DID have the guts to come clean about this car. This community is very important for these types of reasons and even if it's one of our own in the community, nothing should be done to protect the guilty.
~Scott

Old 12-16-2007, 10:01 AM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Looks a lot like this car, no? https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight=gt2+lemon

Old 12-16-2007, 11:59 AM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Parin has seemed like a forthright seller and sponsor here for a long time. It seems there have been many people who have bought from him here on this site in the past with very positive feedback. So I want to give him the benefit of doubt. That being said, even if the damage was unknown previous to this thread, it is now well known and documented now, including the acknowlegement by the seller, Chicago Motor Cars. Seeing the car re-listed on E-bay without ANY mention of the NOW KNOWN damage, does make me suspicious and question why the damage is not CURRENTLY listed. Parin, as an a person who does appreciate your sponsorship of this site, please, save your reputation, know that the VIN on this car will be tracked anywhere it goes now, whether it be E=bay, Autotrader, in the showroom, or by another dealer. This VIN has been flagged by those that keep a close watch on Rare and desirable Porsche's and the GT2 certainly falls in this catagory. This is a very smart group of enthusiasts. Either make note of the damages in the discription of the E-bay auction, or take it off of the auction and give this car away at the price you paid with full disclosure simply to rid yourself of this car and the headache it is causing as it may do irreperable damage to your reputation as a seller of fine cars. Not just on this board but on enthusiast boards across the internet. It's a very small world with the aids of computers and you can bet that Ferrari, Lambo and other high end Car Enthusiast forums and websites hear about these types of transgressions. You've built a fine reputation and it's certainly not worth losing over one bad car deal, even if it was a bad deal on your part and someone pulled the wool over your eyes. Even if you lose a couple thousand and had to sell it for less than you paid, you'd make money on the restoration of your reputation in future business. I personally think you will do the right thing, good luck and let this be a lesson to all of us, even professionals can be fooled. But the strength of the internet makes it that much tougher to fool people.

To anyone who had information on this car but opted not to speak up, ESPECIALLY dealers...You are just as guilty in letting someone potentially purchase this "damaged" car. By adhering to some sort of "unwritten code" amongst dealers. By not speaking up, you could have jeopardized someone's life if this vehicle was unsafe (I'm not saying it is). "Whistle Blowers" keep everyone honest and should be commended and hopefully reap the rewards in future business as they become known as an honest dealer. Ofcourse, I suppose they are put between a rock and a hard place as a wholesaler will choose not to sell to a "Whistle Blower". Anonymous accounts could easily be used to disclose information without jeopardizing your integrity (or lack there of) amongst industry insiders if you're worried about the difficulties that may come as a result of being a "Whistle Blower".

I give serious accolades to those who DID have the guts to come clean about this car. This community is very important for these types of reasons and even if it's one of our own in the community, nothing should be done to protect the guilty.
~Scott
Well said Scott

Old 12-16-2007, 12:21 PM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
I'm a little surprised that the dealer (CMC) firmly indicated in one post that he would not relist it for sale to the public due to the information that was discovered (allegedly he did not know this prior to listing the car) yet the car HAS been relisted and the new information is still not being disclosed.

The dealer appears to have a stellar Ebay reputation and I don't understand why he is willing to risk it on a single car. Why not do as someone else suggested - blow it out with full disclosure or send it back to a dealer auction? The only thing I can think of is that he's willing to take the risk of some bad publicity here thinking it will contain itself to this forum.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:26 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Well usually if a dealer has done something like this once, they have done it in the past. Sounds like he just got caught this time.

Old 12-16-2007, 03:13 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Buyer BEWARE! You cant trust anybody these days!

Old 12-16-2007, 03:21 PM
kilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to beholdkilrgt is a splendid one to behold
I dont care about paint work....And its still rare in Canada. Its a little more then paint work.But im glad i didnt waste the time to go down to look at it, but your right is going to stay in the Chicago area, so you can go look at it , I mean your the GT2 buyer
Go buy this one

http://ads.auctionads.com/pagead/lin...QQcmdZViewItem

Originally Posted by gt2buyer
Why Not , I thought you dont car about paint work.
ANd the car is soooo rare on Canada. I didnt want to say anything
but glad CMC came out and cleared it all up. but why would any dealer pay 10K to a wholesaler. And I dont think you can fire a wholesaler you just dont buy cars from them.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:20 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
ITS about to end 2 hours left. any buyers.

"WE AT CHICAGO MOTOR CARS STRIVE TO MAKE SURE THE CONDITION OF THIS VEHICLE WILL EXCEED YOUR EXPECTATIONS. IN TURN ALL OF OUR VEHICLES ARE HAND-SELECTED & METICULOUSLY DETAILED FROM TOP TO BOTTOM. RESULTING IN AN EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN CAR THAT IS NEAR PERFECT AT A PRICE THAT IS UNBEATABLE! OUR ENTIRE INVENTORY OF FINE-AUTOMOBILES ARE CONSISTENTLY THE CLEANEST ONES AROUND AND WE DON'T BELIEVE IN CHARGING A PREMIUM FOR THAT SERVICE. PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A BRAND NEW VEHICLE OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR, IF YOU ARE PURCHASING A PRE-OWNED VEHICLE THIS MEANS THE VEHICLE HAS BEEN DRIVEN PREVIOUSLY, SO THEREFORE WITH RESPECT TO THE MILES THERE WILL MOST LIKELY BE AVERAGE WEAR AND TEAR. ALL DESCRIPTIONS, OPTIONS, SPECIFICATIONS ARE BELIEVED TO BE CORRECT BUT FROM TIME TO TIME THERE MAY BE A MISTAKE IN THE ADVERTISEMENT. IF YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS ABOUT THE CONDITION OF A VEHICLE OR OPTIONS OF THE VEHICLE WE INVITE YOU TO CONTACT US. OUR CUSTOMERS ONLY DESERVE THE VERY HIGHEST LEVEL OF QUALITY AND ASSURANCE!! IF WE RECEIVE OUR VEHICLES WITH EXTRA SETS OF KEYS, ORIGINAL BOOKS & MANUALS, SERVICE RECORDS, IT WILL BE NOTED IN THE DESCRIPTION OF THE VEHICLE AND WILL ALSO BE SHOWN IN THE PICTURES."

This FROM there AD
this is just plan BS. I wonder who he paid to right this.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:39 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
I smell something burning.... Yep, stick a fork in it, its done.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:03 PM
chicagomotorcars is infamous around these parts
Guys Why Are We Still Talking About It. The Car Is Not For Sale To The Public. The Car Infact Will Stay On Our Website, Autotrader, And Cars.com Till It Comes Out Of Our Inventory. When The Car Sells At The Auction.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Banned
ss360 is infamous around these parts
I think this might be the car. It looks like this car may have only needed paintwork.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by ss360
I think this might be the car. It looks like this car may have only needed paintwork.

That **** is too funny

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT2 on Ebay $89,900