996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Seal Grey in stock form....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 07:46 PM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
I'm hoping some coilovers and wheel spacers are first, but I might end up with a set of used GT28 turbos (very low mileage on them maybe, 1k) for a price i cant refuse, and you know what has to come along with those haha.... We will see what happens.

By the way your car looks ridiculous, would love to see some photos. I love the black turbo emblem, mirrors and wheels, goes so well with the front lip, rear vents, great taste.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Sker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of lightSker66 is a glorious beacon of light
Beautiful Fall Foilage shot with that sweet seal grey tt over the leaves! Makes me want to go out and find that road!!...

Old 11-30-2007, 11:00 PM
mtesh73 will become famous soon enough
nice ride, good luck with it, i like the seal gray and black combo.....keep the sticky side down.

Old 12-01-2007, 10:00 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks
I'm hoping some coilovers and wheel spacers are first, but I might end up with a set of used GT28 turbos (very low mileage on them maybe, 1k) for a price i cant refuse, and you know what has to come along with those haha.... We will see what happens.

By the way your car looks ridiculous, would love to see some photos. I love the black turbo emblem, mirrors and wheels, goes so well with the front lip, rear vents, great taste.
Thank you. Alex had a thead going in the 997tt section some time ago under great white shark- I think? There is a few here regarding help with my HRE's in this one vvv.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=107538

Keep us posted on the future mods!

Old 12-01-2007, 10:24 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LiNks
Thanks for all the compliments guys !!

The S/C 350z was very linear power, almost felt like NA. I had KW 295's on the rear and could launch the car at 3k RPM and hook because of the low boost, then pull through the gears in the upper RPM range making it an easy to drive, fast fast car. At the track I would take the brake light fuse out and i could power brake the car heating up the tires and that made for nice 1/4 mile times too.. The speedo went up to 160 on the dash then the digital read out topped out at 163mph so I dont know really how fast the car was capable of going. Fun factor has to go to the 350z, I had no problem ripping the car around town, sliding through turns with no worries at all about breaking something because repair costs were minor, that is compared to the Porsche.

The 996tt is a highway monster.... Pulls so much harder then the 350z did on the highway, but light to light its not the best for me yet; however it will be, i have no doubt about it. The Porsche is just much more refined and smoother. The harder you drove the Z the better it would preform for you, I feel its the opposite with the Porsche, the smoother and nicer you are to the car, the better it seems to preform. I have no regrets getting the Porsche at all, I just cant wait to start modding it, the prices for the mods though can get out of hand so I am trying to take it slow.
I felt the same exact way man when getting into a turbo from my m3, the turbo was so much more car and do everything 10x better and so well leaving hardly any driver satisfaction. Well that was until my gt2, still the fun is so different when comparing these cars, the Porsches are just so much more serious and pricier, it takes a while to realize its just a car and go drive the hell out of it.

Car looks beautiful man, and in the best color

Old 12-01-2007, 07:25 PM
ALTAADAM007 is on a distinguished road
Hey great car! Here is mine: