996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Proto 650 kit dynoed: 549 hp/ 606 tq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 AM
nerdhotrod will become famous soon enoughnerdhotrod will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
Air Jordan,
Those are amazing numbers for such simple mods, Congrats.
Tony, very cool you hosted an event where everyone could compare stuff on the
same day.
How about a list from highest to lowest and have the car owner/car with mods listed?

Was the RPM (Red Car) the highest (it obviously should be), and by how much?

Marty K.
Hey Marty,

Sorry for the quality of pictures, Ill post a few clear ones shortly.

It was a great event! I hope to do it again in the spring/fall.

BTW I will be in Minneapolis tuning a few audi's the last week in Feb. I would love to check out your car if the weather allow!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:03 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Great numbers.I guess I wouldnt be too comfortable about 13.0 afrs, that is out of my comfort zone. Just be careful. I was reading on Rennlist that someone with a PE700 just popped a head gasket at 1.4 bar. It can happen at any time to any tuner so just keep a good safety margin with the fuel and boost.....

Old 12-10-2007, 10:00 PM
AIRjordan23 is on a distinguished road
kpg what afr is safe according to you?

i agree and expected that the afr's would be abit off since we tuned on a 70 degree day. ill have to turn it down just a bit... needless to say car runs great.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thumbs up

Congrats on great number!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AIRjordan23

i agree and expected that the afr's would be abit off since we tuned on a 70 degree day. ill have to turn it down just a bit... needless to say car runs great.
Install a AFR guage.. like a AEM Uago... $300- and you will prevent costly overhauls. If you see anything above 12.5 on pump just reach over turn the **** 2 clicks down and watch ur afrs go up- that simple.
You have a controllable boost controller for that very reason.
SOme choose(poorly advised) not to install a AFR metering unit nor a boost controller like the greddy that has limits/warnings and boost cut offs... along with a actual boost read out...
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 12-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Banned
Maciej@RPM is on a distinguished road
There could be two reasons that you are running leaner air fuel ratios. I personally have no seen the style of maps on a Bosch ECU so I can't comment on exactly how its setup, although if the car was tuned on a 70 degree day, it makes sense that the air temperature compensation maps weren't setup perfectly, since opposed to a 70 degree day, Saturday was in the high 20's, therefore air is denser which equals leaner running conditions.. or the easy explanation, your running too high of a level of boost.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:31 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !

I want to see 12.2 on my setup. There is no denying that running leaner produces more power, but it ultimately comes down to the individuals comfort level with higher AFRs. I can tolerate higher AFRs, but it is my wallet that cannot. Regardless, great numbers.....

Old 12-11-2007, 06:35 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by Maciej@RPM
There could be two reasons that you are running leaner air fuel ratios. I personally have no seen the style of maps on a Bosch ECU so I can't comment on exactly how its setup, although if the car was tuned on a 70 degree day, it makes sense that the air temperature compensation maps weren't setup perfectly, since opposed to a 70 degree day, Saturday was in the high 20's, therefore air is denser which equals leaner running conditions.. or the easy explanation, your running too high of a level of boost.
Bosch Motronic does compensate for changes in temp , and will lower or raise the boost accordingly. When the EBC is installed it takes that control away from the ECU and temp differences need to be compensated for by the driver.....

Old 12-11-2007, 06:43 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by KPG
Bosch Motronic does compensate for changes in temp , and will lower or raise the boost accordingly. When the EBC is installed it takes that control away from the ECU and temp differences need to be compensated for by the driver.....
Ah alright so it does it differently than stand alone's, that was what I wasn't entirely familiar with, the Haltech for example, air temp compensation is a fuel function, more fuel upon colder air.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:07 AM
nerdhotrod will become famous soon enoughnerdhotrod will become famous soon enough

12.0-12.2 is what I would have liked to see on your car running race gas.

Does your car have bigger injectors? If you dont, your are far beyond the limit of the stock injector. This is scary because at 13.0 a/f and being out of injector, the ecu has no ability to dump fuel if it starts to see something it doesn't like.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod

Does your car have bigger injectors? If you dont, your are far beyond the limit of the stock injector. This is scary because at 13.0 a/f and being out of injector, the ecu has no ability to dump fuel if it starts to see something it doesn't like.
Go online

Old 12-11-2007, 07:14 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nerdhotrod

BINGO!!!!

Kudos to KPG on the ECU & boost.. Yes the cars make more power LEAN, but sacrafice longevity & reliability.

Tom

Old 12-11-2007, 07:19 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
hey brother!!! nice #'s but im tellin ya.. get that boost controller out of the closet!!! It was meant to be tampered with...... hence the tuning *****... n buttons.... and all those other wonderful screens that change colours n all.... lol.... considering that you didnt touch it though.... wow..... but id be chewing my nails wondering what it coudl really do....

Old 12-11-2007, 07:43 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
I have been seeing the same AFR's during spring, summer and fall. The only thing I noticed is my peak boost became higher with the cold air, so I turned it down a couple of clicks and set it. My car sems to run a consistent 11.9 at WOT, regardless of temperature.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:59 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
My AFR's

My car on Protomotives DynaPack made great horsepower
on 99 octance unleaded @ 19.5 PSI, conservative tune (I believe some
referred to this as the slow file), with AFR's @ 11.755.
On 92 octane pump gas my car @ 16.3 PSI, had AFR's @ 11.947.

Is this in everyone's "comfort zone" ?
after all I ran 5 runs at wide open throttle down the
Texas Mile and car still runs like a champ!

MK

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proto 650 kit dynoed: 549 hp/ 606 tq