996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

I have a simple and straight forward question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:00 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Dan
I am glad you are marketing, I love competition so keep it up. If I did not have my setup, your kits would interests me greatly.
Merry Christmas
Robert

Old 12-21-2007, 02:16 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Ok first of all, 6speed is not the only place that fast Porsches reside, so using the 60-130 list and 1/4 thread as a guage for anything is off base. Yes it is likely true that the cars represented there are SOME of the fastest Porsches out there, but unless it can be UNDOUBTEDLY prooved otherwise, it's a marketing slogan.

Secondly, does it say Porsche Turbos? Or just Porsches? What if it's 996's, 997's, caymans, boxsters, cayenne's or what have you. You see, there is no way to put a finger on anything, and the more you broaden your pattern of thought, the more you see that the 60-130 list isnt good enough to make that statement invalid.

Next, fastest is a relative term and can apply to MANY different aspects. It could be fastest in 60-0 braking, 0-60, slalom, auto-x drag racing, road course. Any ONE of those could make it an accurate statement, and if you are willing to really dig deep and investigate, you'll have to do them all, good luck proving that one. That's what slogans are, something incredible that you couldnt prove otherwise if you wanted to.

And lastly, what is the point of this thread again? I am not a Vivid fanboy, havent bought anything from them, but scrutinizing someone over a slogan based on a thread is unjust, and all simply based on Power at that. If Ruf had the same slogan would you argue? While the GT700's and PE700's could run them down easily on the drag strip, put them on the road course and see what an R turbo does to those same 700-900 hp cars. There is more to speed than who makes the most power and runs the fastest 1/4 mile. This thread should be closed locked and deleted. PERIOD.

Last edited by heavychevy; 12-21-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:30 PM
techlogik is on a distinguished road
I concur with a few others..there are just 2-3 people posting all over slamming Vivid that have no facts and information whatsoever to justify anything.

A few calls to the sources will clarify all the fog if people are so inclined to seek the knowledge that have little of.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:09 PM
Marine8541 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KPG
I agree that they are not tuners but just providers of the interface, but that brings us back to the original question at hand... Who is the tuner for Vivid/ Softronic? Do you have an in-house load bearing dyno and write the files themsleves? Do you have a Bosch emulator? Are you reverse engineering the code or coming in the front door with new bosch code? Do you use multipliers?

Once again, Softronic supplies the Tuned files for Vivid and other Softronic dealers. We supply flashing technologies for many companies and technologies in binary etc for them as well .We are the ONLY tuners that have official Bosch emulators and building software. No not the stuff you buy. The same software that makes the original files that are in your cars.

What binary does Softronic have? All original Porsche and updates with DAMOS .

How is it run? On Bosch system in which will generate all values and gains.

Who specifically? Scott SLauson. You may be familiar with the name from PCNA or PCA.

Does Softronic reverse engineer anything? No, we have all the originals.

Does Softronic use EVC or WINOLS? No

Softronic is also the only company to check the binary data for the PCA and will be for other race sanctions. All files will fail unless the are 100% correct bit for bit and NO switching unit does this.

You can also ask Kevin at UMW about me if you like, we also know each other.

I hope this further clarifies some of the questions.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Craig, your post started off as a passive / aggressive slam on Vivid (IMO) and turned into one of the most enlightening threads of the year.
Just goes to show - you can't be to quick to judge.

Merry Christmas!

Old 12-21-2007, 03:17 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Marine8541
Once again, Softronic supplies the Tuned files for Vivid and other Softronic dealers. We supply flashing technologies for many companies and technologies in binary etc for them as well .We are the ONLY tuners that have official Bosch emulators and building software. No not the stuff you buy. The same software that makes the original files that are in your cars.

What binary does Softronic have? All original Porsche and updates with DAMOS .

How is it run? On Bosch system in which will generate all values and gains.

Who specifically? Scott SLauson. You may be familiar with the name from PCNA or PCA.

Does Softronic reverse engineer anything? No, we have all the originals.

Does Softronic use EVC or WINOLS? No

Softronic is also the only company to check the binary data for the PCA and will be for other race sanctions. All files will fail unless the are 100% correct bit for bit and NO switching unit does this.

You can also ask Kevin at UMW about me if you like, we also know each other.

I hope this further clarifies some of the questions.
Wow, a straight forward answer on this thread! Thanks for providing a no bull**** answer.....

Old 12-21-2007, 03:21 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
hype. you have to weed through the bs.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:30 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
bs, on here? Never? All I ever see is mad-power

Old 12-21-2007, 03:31 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
all there is mp and everything is honky dory. that's all you need to know, everything is perfect. just don't call if you any problems...

Last edited by oak; 12-21-2007 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-21-2007, 03:42 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
I have to agree with some of the comments above, bit dirty tricks going on and very, very sad childish reading if you ask me!

Old 12-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Marine8541 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by oak

I agree, this forum has plenty of that.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:26 PM
IUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to beholdIUkid is a splendid one to behold
was anything ever explained about their claim of other tuners being dishonest?

Old 12-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Speedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud ofSpeedy996tt has much to be proud of
This thread is absolutely useless...

Old 12-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Mz3bo is on a distinguished road
First question here is to determine WHO and WHERE are the fastest porsche and FROM WHERE to WHERE ? I mean, it's not because it is on 6speed that it does not exist somewhere else ... On the other side, Vivid is refering to wich source for the statement they made ? ... There are many points to clear up before we can say someone is wron or not...

Cheers and happy Holidays...
Bo

Old 12-21-2007, 04:51 PM
N Ireland D can only hope to improve
some people on this thread have too much time on their hands!!!! but very ammusing reading!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I have a simple and straight forward question