996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Wheel Color Combo
Seal Grey (matching body color)
41.30%
Shiny Black Finish
10.87%
Darker Gun-Metal Color
36.96%
Other
10.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Help Me Choose Colors for My Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:22 PM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
Chrome adds weight to the wheel and sometimes not evenly around the wheel so balancing becomes trickier.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:32 PM
TKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really niceTKDalumni is just really nice
Another vote for color matched..Here is some more inspiration

Old 03-31-2008, 12:42 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
beautiful!

Old 03-31-2008, 01:38 PM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Your question about chrome is really a personal one. Judging by the way you asked it, you seem to be concerned about how other folks would react to chrome rather than what you might prefer. There are a number of folks on this forum and others who consider chrome to be "bling" and a sacrilidge and that it makes a car look "pimped out". I am running a polished aluminum CCW wheel, and like it...and could really give a rat's *** about what other folks might think. Some have said they like it, others have had the courtesy to say nothing. The important thing is really what YOU like and what you think would look good on YOUR car. Now having said that, I think that there is a limit or a point at which a wheel becomes gaudy...but again, that's my opinion. If you want peer approval, do some searches for "Wheel" in this and other forums and you'll get an eyeful of what is considered to be in good taste.

BTW: TK's car with the matching wheels is STUNNING!

Last edited by Chuck Jones; 03-31-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:42 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Thanks Chuck and EZmoney, both good advice.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:12 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Seal Grey without a doubt

Old 03-31-2008, 03:16 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Hey never mind that, howz these carbon splitters coming along?

Old 03-31-2008, 03:20 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Hey never mind that, howz these carbon splitters coming along?
haha, they are coming along =D i want to have the first one on my car before summer arrives! my guy had to make the mold, which seems to be a pain.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:29 PM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by angldrkns9
haha, they are coming along =D i want to have the first one on my car before summer arrives! my guy had to make the mold, which seems to be a pain.
Ok, talk soon Jason

Old 03-31-2008, 04:12 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Paint match!

Old 04-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Hi Guys! Just to give you guys an update, I dropped off my wheels this morning at USA Wheels in fairfield NJ. They had a color chart for me to choose thru and I ended up picking IF5136 Dark Grey Argent Color with Polish Lip with Clear. They are going to hand paint the TechArt on the spoke with reflectra silver. They gave me a special price since i'm getting two sets done with them at $175/wheel including mount and balance.

Will post pics in a few days when I pick them up.

Old 04-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Flyfisher is infamous around these parts
I have some iForged wheels that I have been trying to figure out how to clean up the polished rims. On another thread someone suggesting painting, but I wasn't too keen on it at first. But seeing these seal grey matched wheels really has me thinking of going that direction. I think I may do that later this summer when I change tires. Anyone know of a place in metro Detroit that does a reputable job at this? Never having painted wheels, how does the paint hold up?

Old 04-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
That ****'s effing beautiful!!!!

Originally Posted by TKDalumni
Another vote for color matched..Here is some more inspiration

Old 04-15-2008, 07:32 AM
Originally Posted by Flyfisher
I have some iForged wheels that I have been trying to figure out how to clean up the polished rims. On another thread someone suggesting painting, but I wasn't too keen on it at first. But seeing these seal grey matched wheels really has me thinking of going that direction. I think I may do that later this summer when I change tires. Anyone know of a place in metro Detroit that does a reputable job at this? Never having painted wheels, how does the paint hold up?
i believe powder coating holds up much better than paint, that's what i have been told

Old 04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
ramone is infamous around these parts
angldrkns9,

I have the same color car and after market rims. Go with the tkalumni's aeros color matched or the black techarts. All the rest are mediocre when compared to these two options.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Me Choose Colors for My Wheels