996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.
View Poll Results: Wheel Color Combo
Seal Grey (matching body color)
41.30%
Shiny Black Finish
10.87%
Darker Gun-Metal Color
36.96%
Other
10.87%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Help Me Choose Colors for My Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:48 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Smile Help Me Choose Colors for My Wheels

Summer is around the corner and it's time to get refinish my 19" TechArt wheels. Here is a picture of my p-car:

Picture:

I was thinking to stick with the same color scheme as the below sample:
Polished outside Lip, black or gunmetal color spokes, silver TechArt lettering on a spoke, silver center cap with matching black or gunmetal color TechArt lettering

Picture:

so help me choose! what color combo do you think is best looking for my car? any new ideas would be appreciated. so far, i am between three colors, shiny black spokes, matching seal grey spokes, or darker color gun-metal spokes (maybe like a polished darker metallic silver, like the infinite car colors wheels?)

anybody an expert at photoshop and want to photoshop my car with different color wheels?

this is a friends car with matching seal grey spokes:

thanks!

Jason

Last edited by angldrkns9; 03-31-2008 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:02 AM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
here is a picture of my car with black 18" black TechArt wheels

Last edited by angldrkns9; 03-31-2008 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:09 AM
this is what i mean by darker gun metal color:

Old 03-31-2008, 08:27 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Your Friends car is HOT!!!!

Old 03-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by str8blst
Your Friends car is HOT!!!!
haha, did you send out your wheel for repair yet alan?

alan, i'm leaning towards a color slightly darker than body color (seal grey) with a polished lip

Old 03-31-2008, 10:28 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
color match!

Old 03-31-2008, 10:37 AM
Kevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the roughKevinw23 is a jewel in the rough
I would match the body......or if not, black. If you go slightly darker, they may look like you tried to match the body color, but the painter messed up.

As well, I wouldn't change the color of the wording on the wheel. I think it looks cleaner
just keeping it all the rim color.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:41 AM
LiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond reputeLiNks has a reputation beyond repute
I think for the Techart wheels the color you have them suits them best, dont change a thing. I think the color matched and gloss black wheels look good on a Seal Grey but not with Techarts, maybe if you went with GT3 RS wheels or a set of HRE or iForged.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:42 AM
emissary is infamous around these parts
I'd go with either flat black or dark, dark grey (no color match). Here's flat black with chrome lip on my seal grey TT:

Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 AM
ezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond reputeezmoney888 has a reputation beyond repute
Your friend's seal grey with matching wheels is what made me buy my first turbo, which was seal grey. I think that combo is hot!!

Old 03-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
I think the color match is absolute class. I much prefer it to off colors. It just all comes together like a well choreographed play.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:03 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Ok, I've got to ask this. I've been wondering what to do with my wheels also. I love the chrome look on cars but I never see it on P-cars. Is it an unwritten rule or what that chrome and porsche don't go together? Any input on this?

Old 03-31-2008, 12:05 PM
just to share, i think this ferrari is also matching color and it looks nice =D
(sorry peter for stealing your pics)

Old 03-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by EZ Cookin
Ok, I've got to ask this. I've been wondering what to do with my wheels also. I love the chrome look on cars but I never see it on P-cars. Is it an unwritten rule or what that chrome and porsche don't go together? Any input on this?
here's an old picture of the chrome 18" techarts that i use to run as my winter wheels

IMO, it's too bling

Old 03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
r1rb is infamous around these parts
go with the seal grey....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Me Choose Colors for My Wheels