996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

First true standalone for 996/997 completed by Switzer Performance Innovation!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Miles965UK is infamous around these parts
Thats how all our cars should rev up!

Is it just the custom LWF or is the ECU doing anything extra?

Old 04-12-2008, 01:45 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
No cats and free flowing exhaust will give you that sound. My exhaust has a muffler bypass valve after the cats. When it is open it has a similar sound. The benefit of the valve is that with the flip of a switch, the exhaust is muffled and I don't upset the neighborhood.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
All I want is for my car to rev like that! That's just INCREDIBLE!

How do you get a low compression motor to do that?

Old 04-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
If you want the car to rev and sound like that, put a Switzer exhaust and super light weight clutch/flywheel. My car sounded exactly like that, if not quicker reving when I first installed the clutch, however we actually had to dial the responsiveness of the TPS down a bit to prevent stalling in certain scenarios. I'm sure with an standalone and/or some modifying of the Maf/TB setup you could leave it just like that.

Old 04-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
That would be a gigantic driveability improvement in my book. A LWFW is something I've never had in any of my cars.

Do you find driving the car in traffic and hard launches are drastically affected?

What about the rattling noise that is supposed to come with the LWFW? What causes it and is it really annoying?

Originally Posted by onelove
If you want the car to rev and sound like that, put a Switzer exhaust and super light weight clutch/flywheel. My car sounded exactly like that, if not quicker reving when I first installed the clutch, however we actually had to dial the responsiveness of the TPS down a bit to prevent stalling in certain scenarios. I'm sure with an standalone and/or some modifying of the Maf/TB setup you could leave it just like that.

Old 04-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ari
That would be a gigantic driveability improvement in my book. A LWFW is something I've never had in any of my cars.

Do you find driving the car in traffic and hard launches are drastically affected?

What about the rattling noise that is supposed to come with the LWFW? What causes it and is it really annoying?
It's a bit tougher to drive, on my car we where able to tune it to be more street driveable. It does make quite a bit of noise but I've never been bothered by that, keep in mind that my clutch/flywheel setup combined ways less than what most would consider a LWFW by OEM standards.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:38 PM
Freier is infamous around these parts
sounds great, rev's nicely, and looks to be a fantastic package!

Old 05-05-2008, 07:49 PM
UAE996TT is infamous around these parts
I obviously missed this thread .. tell me guys is this standealone working or not ? i mean all the functions which Tym was talking about are working or not ??!!

Old 05-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Give it about a month and he will have it perfected.

Suman

Old 05-06-2008, 11:03 AM
UAE996TT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Highhats
Give it about a month and he will have it perfected.

Suman

Thanks.. what about the lunch control u were talking about earlier can u give me more info's

Old 05-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Switzer will def ahve it available for who want it on the standalone but it is possible on the Stock ECU with EPL tune.

S

Old 05-06-2008, 11:51 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
....but it is possible on the Stock ECU with EPL tune.

S
What EPL is doing and traction control defined by say a Motec or SPI standalone is completely different.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Well EPL has an anti-lag that makes boost. Dont really know how the motec works. Can you tell me the difference? thanks

S

Old 05-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned
Mitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the roughMitch@Vivid is a jewel in the rough
Suman,

The EPL flash is probably a delta RPM based off the clutch switch or vehicle speed. May just be a delta RPM that is based on the RPM limit.

The Motec or most standalones you have the ability to control a lot of the parameters like the amount of timing being pulled, fuel vehicle speed etc...

On most standalones you have the ability to control how much boost is built off the line and fine tune it. The launch control on a flash is very basic.

I don't know for a fact how EPL is doing it but that would be my guess. That is awesome they are doing that BTW! Very cool feature especially for the guys that drag race.

Mitch M

Old 05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
very impressive