996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
It's all in the way you set the car up. I've seen cars with the same exact setups be 2 seconds apart in the quarter. Also keep in mind in most cases what someone maxes out at on the dyno, isn't what they are always racing at, and atmospheric and temperature changes things exponentially with a turbo charged car. It's only a matter of time before the traction control in standalones is up to par with high HP turbo charged vehicles, there are many ways to address this with gear dependent boost maps, wheel speed sensors, pulling timing, etc to get traction. I don't expect anyone to run 1,000hp in 1st gear, but towards the backdoor in 3/4/5 you will see the difference in power with ease.
I am sure you are right about that. But man, the high HP cars I see in here now look 100% reliable, I cannot say that for the 1000+hp cars I have seen in the past, like vipers and suppras typically. They are always having issues. I think the 911 platform has the advantage of engine location for drag racing and that may be part of the reason why it quarters so well. I can't imagine it being hard to get 1000+ when skylines and suppras do it routinely.
I would be happy to take a ride in an 800+hp 996.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:49 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
After all markski's and other issues with broken drivetrain parts, I dont see where this is headed. Spending 100k on the motor to ge 1k whp is going to cost you more and more as the TT is not a good drag car. You see supras and vipers and vettes running 6,7 and 8 sec 1/4 miles. I think thats a tall order for the TT. But where there's a will there's a way.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

After a long conversation with Switzer I have a new look on what can be done. Injectors was a major issue till the standalone came along. I want to try 1200cc injector and see what kind of power can be made. You all saw the drivability of switzers tunes. Come on its worth a try no?

S

Old 05-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

dude that is insane! Cant wait for an update on that.

S

Markski is Todd using an AEM Injector Driver at all? What are your thoughts on it? http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=83

No affiliation to AEM

Old 05-01-2008, 10:16 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by charlie_ludden
His heads are now a permanent part of the block and he is planning to run 32-35psi with the new 850cc injectors (1100rwhp).
All that is going to do is cost Alex a **** load more money when he windows the block. What a stupid idea....

Old 05-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
The one big advantage that the Porsche has is rear engine. For highway roll ons you don't have the ability to do a burn out in a waterbox and the rear engine platform is a huge advantage in terms of putting down power.

All the guys I know w/ 1K rwhp front engine cars actually don't do roll ons at full boost. They usually run around 850 rwhp...unless they are in the mood to die.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
All that is going to do is cost Alex a **** load more money when he windows the block. What a stupid idea....
From what he told me he doesn't care... he already has something in the works for the block...
I personally think thats crazy- I don't have that kind of money...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Highhats
After a long conversation with Switzer I have a new look on what can be done. Injectors was a major issue till the standalone came along. I want to try 1200cc injector and see what kind of power can be made. You all saw the drivability of switzers tunes. Come on its worth a try no?

S
I have plenty of fuel delivery left.. and I only have 72lbs. injectors. However, I have a lot more done to the fuel system then most. I am not sure why you would need to go to 1200 cc injectors with drivers... maybe you want to run 30 psi? I really do not know the engineering end of it other then what Todd used to share with me. I can easily put down 900rwhp on my fuel system if I turn it up to 1.6 bars or so... Todd made 875 rwhp at 1.52 bars. 871 rwhp on another dyno...
mark

click to view

Old 05-01-2008, 10:42 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
The one big advantage that the Porsche has is rear engine. For highway roll ons you don't have the ability to do a burn out in a waterbox and the rear engine platform is a huge advantage in terms of putting down power.

All the guys I know w/ 1K rwhp front engine cars actually don't do roll ons at full boost. They usually run around 850 rwhp...unless they are in the mood to die.
Not true, I used to run abut 1150 to the rear tire in 3rd gear roll-ons and dead hooked.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
From what he told me he doesn't care... he already has something in the works for the block...
I personally think thats crazy- I don't have that kind of money...
Apparently, neither does Alex.....

Old 05-01-2008, 10:53 PM
geetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant futuregeetee has a brilliant future
I have plenty of fuel delivery left.. and I only have 72lbs. injectors. However, I have a lot more done to the fuel system then most. I am not sure why you would need to go to 1200 cc injectors with drivers... maybe you want to run 30 psi? I really do not know the engineering end of it other then what Todd used to share with me. I can easily put down 900rwhp on my fuel system if I turn it up to 1.6 bars or so... Todd made 875 rwhp at 1.52 bars. 871 rwhp on another dyno...
mark
Whats the max psi you can go without lifting the heads?

Old 05-01-2008, 11:01 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
maybe you want to run 30 psi?
mark

BINGO!

Old 05-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by geetee
Whats the max psi you can go without lifting the heads?
That my friend is a million dollar question.... there is no one point at which it happens... it really is more complicated then just PSI.... it really depends on the set up... fuel, boost, HP, etc...

click to view

Old 05-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by jags911tt
BINGO!
30 psi on a stock block- I don't know. Heck, we are seeing heads lift under 1.5 bars let alone 2 bar. Apparently the head studs seem to be backing out...
I doubt any car owner will go that far unless he has total disregard for his motor. We can talk online all we want... but it's been 8 years since the first 996TT left the plant and we still are fighting the most mundane issues like heads lifting at 21 psi. Heck, I can do it right now... no big deal.... I just need $25K incase I blow it. LOL
markski

click to view

Old 05-01-2008, 11:15 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
This is a great thread.
R

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: when will we see 1000rwhp out of these hi HP porsches?